Initiating a WhatsApp call

Kimberly Samco

May 9, 2022, 12:56:40 PMMay 9
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am able to use WhatsApp if someone else has initiated the call but I can’t figure out how I can find the person I want to call. When I search it only searches my contacts. I have the person’s phone number and tried searching that with no good results.

As Always, thanks.

Kim

Sieghard Weitzel

May 12, 2022, 10:52:19 AMMay 12
to vip...@googlegroups.com
I don't think you can call anybody who is not in your contacts, there is no dialpad in WhatsApp like there is in the Phone app because of course whoever you call also has to be a WhatsApp user.

http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/441A3019-EB2B-4DCF-9516-36A3924FA9AA%40me.com.

Casey Wollner

May 12, 2022, 10:54:41 AMMay 12
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Hi how do you find the desktop client and then how do you have it have the same contacts as the one that is on your phone?
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/SJ0PR06MB78627FF7A837C0B4034B39E4C7CB9%40SJ0PR06MB7862.namprd06.prod.outlook.com.

Crayton Benner

May 12, 2022, 10:57:58 AMMay 12
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried going to the persons contact within your contacts app and then initiating the call?
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/024a01d86610%2433fd5560%249bf80020%24%40wi.rr.com.

Sieghard Weitzel

May 12, 2022, 10:59:36 AMMay 12
to vip...@googlegroups.com
You have to download it from the Microsoft Store as it's a Windows app, but I personally don't find it as accessible as the iOS version of WhatsApp which is very accessible. Once you set up the Windows app it will of course display the same as your phone. If you do a lot of text chat with WhatsApp you would be better of just using a Bluetooth keyboard connected to your iPhone.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/024a01d86610%2433fd5560%249bf80020%24%40wi.rr.com.

Kimberly Samco

May 12, 2022, 12:33:10 PMMay 12
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Ah ha. Thank you. So I assume that if I have there info then I need to create a contact in my contacts. What if I know the person has a WhatsApp acct but they are not in my contacts.

We are moving to Mexico and it would seem that WhatsApp is the communication of choice with businesses and individuals. Whether I like it or not I’m going to have to become more comfortable with the app. Do you know of any tutorials using VO? Honestly, I have not looked yet but I will now but I would still appreciate any help.

Thanks again,

Kim