Apple is discontinuing the iPod Touch

Richard Turner

May 12, 2022, 2:39:18 PMMay 12
to vip...@googlegroups.com

iPod touch will be available while supplies last

iPod redefined how music was discovered, listened to, and shared. iPod touch will be available while supplies last.

Since its introduction over 20 years ago, iPodhas captivated users all over the world who love the ability to take their music with them on the go. Today, the experience of taking one’s music library out into the world has been integrated across Apple’s product line — from iPhone and Apple Watch to iPad and Mac — along with access to more than 90 million songs and over 30,000 playlists available via Apple Music.

“Music has always been part of our core at Apple, and bringing it to hundreds of millions of users in the way iPod did impacted more than just the music industry — it also redefined how music is discovered, listened to, and shared,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “Today, the spirit of iPod lives on. We’ve integrated an incredible music experience across all of our products, from the iPhone to the Apple Watch to HomePod mini, and across Mac, iPad, and Apple TV. And Apple Music delivers industry-leading sound quality with support for spatial audio — there’s no better way to enjoy, discover, and experience music.”

Among the incredible ways to enjoy music across a range of devices, including a wide variety of models from the new iPhone SE to the latest iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone is the best device for streaming Apple Music or storing an entire music library on the go. Apple Watch and AirPods are the perfect companion, allowing users to access over 90 million songs right from their wrist, starting at just $279 with Apple Watch SE. iPad starts at just $329, comes with a more powerful chip, larger display and the latest iPadOS features. And for the best way to enjoy music at home, HomePod mini is just $99.

An incredible music experience is integrated across Apple’s product line — from iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods to HomePod mini, iPad, and Mac.

Customers can purchase iPod touchthrough apple.com, Apple Store locations, and Apple Authorized Resellers while supplies last.

www.apple.com/newsroom/2022/05/the-music-lives-on/

Richard

“What we think or what we know or what we believe is in the end of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do” ~ John Ruskin

Kathy Brandt

May 12, 2022, 5:40:47 PMMay 12
to vip...@googlegroups.com
My iPod touch seventh generation was replaced a few months ago, so I’m good for a while. I am attached to my devices, so have all the way back to the fourth generation, plus an iPhone 5s. I understand, due to the supply issues and needing to concentrate more on the iPhones, but I do like the iPod touch, and sorry to see it go. It was good training wheels for feeling more confident when I got my first phone.

On May 12, 2022, at 2:39 PM, Richard Turner <richard...@comcast.net> wrote:

http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/00c101d8662f%248727acd0%2495770670%24%40comcast.net.

CHELA Robles

May 12, 2022, 6:51:53 PMMay 12
to vip...@googlegroups.com
I love my product red one.

Sent from my iPhone

Esther Levegnale

May 12, 2022, 8:56:04 PMMay 12
to vip...@googlegroups.com
hi, everyone, I received my iPod five Wayback in 2012. That was my first device with the touchscreen. I adapted very well to it. It certainly didn't have much memory, but it was wonderful to have it. Now I have my iPhone 13 Pro Max and love it! Anyway, I hope all of you have a good evening. Take care. Esther

Sent From Esther's Amazing and Awesome iPhone 13 Pro Max!

Michael Irons

May 12, 2022, 10:20:56 PMMay 12
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone I originally got an iPod touch third generation. I had some difficulty adapting to the touch screen. I got a hold of a Bluetooth keyboards which solved most of my problems. I later upgraded 10 iPhone 4S. I did better with the iPhone. I ended up not using the iPod touch because it would not go past iOS 6 .1. It would not update anymore. I guess it was at the end of its life. I really like the iPhone SE 20. The only thing that concerns me is the area of the touchscreen does seem to be a little bit small.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 12, 2022, at 7:56 PM, Esther Levegnale <eleve...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

hi, everyone, I received my iPod five Wayback in 2012. That was my first device with the touchscreen. I adapted very well to it. It certainly didn't have much memory, but it was wonderful to have it. Now I have my iPhone 13 Pro Max and love it! Anyway, I hope all of you have a good evening. Take care. Esther

Sieghard Weitzel

May 13, 2022, 12:20:10 PMMay 13
to vip...@googlegroups.com

The SE 2020 has a significantly larger touch screen than the 4S had.

The 4S only had a 3.5 inch screen which is positively tiny compared to even the smallest screen today which is the 4.7 inch screen on the iPhone SE.

When the iPhone 5, 5C and later the 5S came out the screen size increased from 3.5 inches to 4 inches and only with the iPhone 6 and later (6S, 7 and 8) did the screen size go up to 4.7 inches, same as the various iPhone SE models.

The old Plus models (6 Plus, 6S Plus, 7 Plus and 8 Plus) had a 5.5 inch screen and with the iPhone 11 and 11 Max (12/12 Max and 13/13Max) screen size went to 6.1 and 6.7 inches with the Mini models having a 5.4 inch screen.