trying to pair my orbit wrighter i got for my birthday to my I Phone 8 running the newest version of ios.

1 view

mi...@eastlink.ca

Jun 23, 2022, 4:01:10 PMJun 23
to vip...@googlegroups.com

Hi all. I got a Orbit Wrighter for my birthday. When I go under accessibillidey voice over braille and choose a braille display I don’t see it in the listings. According to the user guide it should show up and say orbit wrighter 20. I see only my focus 40 display under the braille displays. I whent to forget this device to see if it would show up after dxoing that and still nothing. Many thanks for any help you can give me with this. From Mich.

Richard Turner

Jun 23, 2022, 4:15:35 PMJun 23
to vip...@googlegroups.com

If you got the Writer into pairing mode, it will show up there.

My guess is, that you maybe didn’t get it into pairing mode?

Did you pick a channel?

Richard

“People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.” - Søren Kierkegaard

My web site: https://www.turner42.com

🦅

http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/011501d8873b%24f96f97d0%24ec4ec770%24%40eastlink.ca.

mi...@eastlink.ca

Jun 23, 2022, 5:26:51 PMJun 23
to vip...@googlegroups.com

Hi I didn’t pick a channel. What I did was I turned on the wrighter and whent into settings voice over braille and looked for the wrighter to show up there. All that is showing up is my focus 40 fifth gen. and it is showing up as connected but not my orbit wrighter. Any help with trying to pair this would help. I just now turned it back on and tried to see if it would see it and it is still not showing up in the list. Many thanks. From Mich.

Richard Turner

Jun 23, 2022, 5:29:48 PMJun 23
to vip...@googlegroups.com
You may want to look at the pairing instructions again.
You have to put it in pairing mode. Just turning it on doesn't do it.

Richard
“What we think or what we know or what we believe is in the end of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do” ~ John Ruskin

Richard Turner

Jun 23, 2022, 5:32:48 PMJun 23
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Mitch, you also may want to join the Orbit Reader list where all things Orbit are discussed.

On Jun 23, 2022, at 2:29 PM, Richard Turner <richard...@comcast.net> wrote:

You may want to look at the pairing instructions again.

Richard Turner

Jun 23, 2022, 5:39:41 PMJun 23
to vip...@googlegroups.com
From the user guide for pairing the Writer:

Step 1. Turn on the Orbit Writer by pressing Up + Down Arrow keys. It responds with a short vibration pulse.
Step 2. You can connect the Orbit Writer to multiple devices. Each connection is called a channel. Channel 1, the default channel, is already set. Enable pairing on channel 1 by pressing and holding Space + Left Arrow + Dot 1 until you feel a short vibration pulse.
Step 3 is where you pick the writer in the list of braille devices.

On Jun 23, 2022, at 2:32 PM, Richard Turner <richard...@comcast.net> wrote:

Mitch, you also may want to join the Orbit Reader list where all things Orbit are discussed.

mi...@eastlink.ca

Jun 23, 2022, 5:48:47 PMJun 23
to vip...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ritchard I managed to pair the orbit righter and also joind the orbit righter list. Many thanks for your help. From Mich.