Question about the Notes app

Rena

Jun 22, 2022, 3:35:40 PMJun 22
to vip...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I’m learning how to write and read notes, but I’m finding some problems. For instance:

  1. what should I do to read a note? How can I read line by line?
  2. How can I continue writing a note that I started before?
  3. I’m using the Bluetooth keyboard to type.

Rena

Richard Turner

Jun 22, 2022, 4:12:18 PMJun 22
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Answers after your questions:

On Jun 22, 2022, at 12:35 PM, Rena <onyxf...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I’m learning how to write and read notes, but I’m finding some problems. For instance:

  1. what should I do to read a note? How can I read line by line?
Use the rotor set to lines and then the down-arrow to read each line. or use the read all command. control+options+a to read from where you are to the end; or control+options+b to read from the top.

  1. How can I continue writing a note that I started before?
Open the note, get VoiceOver on some text in the note and press control+options+spacebar until it says insertion point at end.

  1. I’m using the Bluetooth keyboard to type.

Rena

http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/039101d8866f%243e574c30%24bb05e490%24%40gmail.com.

Rena

Jun 23, 2022, 1:44:02 PMJun 23
to vip...@googlegroups.com

Although I use the Bluetooth keyboard to type a note, I want to read it later just on the iPhone.

How can I read it?

Is there any way to move with arrows in the iPhone?

Rena

Richard Turner

Jun 23, 2022, 2:05:33 PMJun 23
to vip...@googlegroups.com
You will still use the rotor, turn to lines and then do a one finger flick down to go line by line.
Double tap with one finger in the note to edit, then double tap again to get to the start or end.
If you want to read from the start, do a two finger flick down.
These are pretty much universal VoiceOver gestures in all apps unless they have their own play/pause button.
Also, to pause while reading after the two finger flick down, touch with two fingers and it will stop. If you don't touch it again and then touch with two fingers a second time it will continue from where you stopped.

Richard
“What we think or what we know or what we believe is in the end of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do” ~ John Ruskin

Chris Chaffin

Jun 23, 2022, 2:05:33 PMJun 23
to vip...@googlegroups.com

You can read a note one line at a time, or even one word at a time, but this is done by choosing which way you want to read it on the rotor.
For example.

You would swipe down to the beginning of the note, then use the rotor gesture to choose by word or line.
Then just flick down with one finger to read by your chosen way one word or line at a time.

Hope this helps.

Chris