No new iPhone yet

Richard Turner

Sep 25, 2021, 11:58:55 AMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com

I had mentioned that I was going to get my new iPhone 13 pro yesterday … well, I missed the UPS person, so what I got was a sticky note on the door, with nothing marked on it … which I found out later means, we will try two more times to deliver then likely will send it back … and the next time is Monday.

So, guess who is going to basically hang by the front door on Monday.

It is all my fault of course.  I actually mean that, I’m not being sarcastic.  They are not going to leave that expensive of an item on the porch, especially with all the package thieves running around and they don’t want to be liable.

O well, patience is a virtue, right?

Richard

My Web site: https://www.turner42.com

Kay Malmquist

Sep 25, 2021, 12:03:53 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
I hate that when I miss a package.  Just like you said, the only person you can blame is yourself.

Kay Malmquist
kay.ma...@gmail.com

"Where focus goes, energy flows."
Bob Proctor

http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/MW4PR17MB451335D45C7E42765A996C7DB7A59%40MW4PR17MB4513.namprd17.prod.outlook.com.

Sieghard Weitzel

Sep 25, 2021, 12:40:02 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com

Here it would be dropped off at a local depot where you can then go with your card and Id to pick it up.

Usually you can also contact UPS to make arrangements; I am surprised there are no further instructions.

Sep 25, 2021, 1:09:34 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com

I found out the plan was the next “business day” by calling and getting a call back 32 minutes later from a human since the automated BS system couldn’t answer my question.

I could have it sent to a depot but that would be Tuesday so Monday will due just fine.

Sieghard Weitzel

Sep 25, 2021, 1:15:00 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com

And I remember the good old days 10 years ago when the release date of new iPhones was announced during the Apple Event and then people would start lining up in front of all the Apple Stores starting at midnight and by morning in some places the line up would stretch around the block! How things change, there are still fans who order the minute the new phones go up online or probably those who are at the store when they open to get one, but it's a far cry from what it used to be which is of course a good thing because at times it seemed that getting a new iPhone was absolutely the most important, life-altering event with reporters interviewing those in line as if it really made a difference.

Joseph Hudson

Sep 25, 2021, 1:17:24 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
I've had no issues with getting iPhones delivered to my home. They normally drop them and leave them right out in the ground by our cars. And I also get a notification from the Apple store app when it's been delivered.

Sieghard Weitzel

Sep 25, 2021, 1:19:59 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
I would also be quite upset with UPS or whatever other courier if they left my $1,000 or more iPhone on the deck or wherever given how many parcels get stolen these days. And of course those who steel them aren't stupid, they know exactly when the first batch of new iPhones are likely to be delivered and I wouldn't be surprised if they were on the prowl especially round this time.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/FEA39DA6-7E72-4AA6-A791-F802FAF93E88%40gmail.com.

Joseph Hudson

Sep 25, 2021, 1:22:27 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
What kind of hard for anybody to try to steal something out of our yard, because anytime that somebody gets close to the fence, our dogs will come out and go crazy. So I don't think anybody would wanna walk away with anything that might be sitting outside. And plus not only that, every time I've had one delivered, somebody is almost always home.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/SJ0PR06MB7862E107BDAEB374ED54CD69C7A59%40SJ0PR06MB7862.namprd06.prod.outlook.com.

Les Kriegler

Sep 25, 2021, 1:31:06 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

Well come on my wife’s new iPad mini came yesterday by UPS. I’m sure it was an expensive as your iPhone 13 Pro, but I’m guessing it just depends on the driver. Anyway, hope you get your shipment on Monday. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 25, 2021, at 11:58 AM, Richard Turner <richard...@outlook.com> wrote:

Les Kriegler

Sep 25, 2021, 1:33:08 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
I was one of those people. I think the earliest I ever showed up was at 5:30. Usually though, it was around seven:30 to 8 o’clock. Yes, those were the good all days.

Sent from my iPhone

Les Kriegler

Sep 25, 2021, 1:35:02 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
My wife just reminded me that she almost killed me because of this. It’s amazing the things you learn many years later.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 25, 2021, at 1:14 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieg...@live.ca> wrote:

And I remember the good old days 10 years ago when the release date of new iPhones was announced during the Apple Event and then people would start lining up in front of all the Apple Stores starting at midnight and by morning in some places the line up would stretch around the block! How things change, there are still fans who order the minute the new phones go up online or probably those who are at the store when they open to get one, but it's a far cry from what it used to be which is of course a good thing because at times it seemed that getting a new iPhone was absolutely the most important, life-altering event with reporters interviewing those in line as if it really made a difference.

Mich Verrier

Sep 25, 2021, 1:38:55 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com

I remember that reporter who interviewd that guy who got I think it was the I phone 11 I thinkit was then he dropt it after he got it and it shadderd on camra lol. From Mich.

Sieghard Weitzel

Sep 25, 2021, 2:08:34 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Not everybody has dogs and if you are home then they might as well give it to you. Anyhow, you might be surprised how sophisticated and creative some of these thieves can be when it comes to dealing with dogs especially if they are not trained guard dogs. Just saying, everybody can do as they wish.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/695090B8-781D-49DB-8D90-6A6F62B3BFB0%40gmail.com.

Sieghard Weitzel

Sep 25, 2021, 2:09:53 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com

Hi Les,

You should have told Richard that you really were wondering why UPS delivered an iPhone 13 Pro to your wife with Richard's name on the box! 🤣

Sep 25, 2021, 2:34:36 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
I received a text this morning saying my pacage will be delivered today.
So, we will be hanging around the front of the house today.
UPS needs to work on their understanding of their own delivery dates. The guy on the phone last night said it wouldn't be here until Monday ... but if it comes today, all will be well.

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." -- Jane Wagner

website:  www.turner42.com

Carolyn

Sep 25, 2021, 3:29:39 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Well, after spending money for an 11, which I did, when it was only from September to January 3 old, I got a case and a screen protector for it before I even took the thing. So, why didn't this guy being videoed?

I remember that reporter who interviewd that guy who got I think it was the I phone 11 I thinkit was then he dropt it after he got it and it shadderd on camra lol. From Mich.

Sep 25, 2021, 4:16:19 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
i'll bet it's because you have to sign for it. Good luck. I hope you get it soon. Esther

Sent From Esther's Amazing and Awesome iPhone 7+!

On Sep 25, 2021, at 11:58 AM, Richard Turner <richard...@outlook.com> wrote:

I had mentioned that I was going to get my new iPhone 13 pro yesterday … well, I missed the UPS person, so what I got was a sticky note on the door, with nothing marked on it … which I found out later means, we will try two more times to deliver then likely will send it back … and the next time is Monday.

http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/MW4PR17MB451335D45C7E42765A996C7DB7A59%40MW4PR17MB4513.namprd17.prod.outlook.com.

Vicky Collins

Sep 25, 2021, 5:38:36 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
The last few iPhones I received, I didn't have to sign for. I even asked about signing the first time, and I was told I didn't need to. And if memory serves, I was still living in Indianapolis at that time where, earlier when I had ordered an iPhone, they wouldn't even leave it at the apartment complex leasing office for someone at the front desk to sign as they had done with most of my other packages. I actually did ask a UPS driver why no signature, and he told me it was fine since he was handing it directly to me. And I do indeed agree with Sieghard that I would be very unhappy to have an iPhone just left outside my door where anyone could grab it. I don't mind so much the more inexpensive things being left, as smaller things like snacks and iPhone cases from Amazon are often left, as well as non-perishable grocery items from Walmart, but I would be very unhappy to have a more expensive item just left like that.

> [...]
> http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/MW4PR17MB451335D45C7E42765A996c7db7a59%40mw4pr17mb4513.namprd17.prod.outlook.com.
>
> -
> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list..
>
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

> http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.

bentle...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2021, 6:05:10 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com

I remember a 2 and one half block wait to get Windows 95.  And, every one thought it was the greatest new thing since television.

James B

Esther Levegnale

Esther Levegnale

Sep 25, 2021, 7:12:21 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
my first Apple product was and iPod touch. I wasn't sure how I would handle the touchscreen, but I took to it like a duck to water! I had it for two days and I was doing quite a bit on the second day. I also got tips from other blind iPhone users and it was wonderful. Long live the iPhone! Esther

Sent From Esther's Amazing and Awesome iPhone 7+!

Vivian Conger

Sep 25, 2021, 8:13:51 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com

Richard,

Sometimes we get UPS deliveries on Saturday and Sunday.  Hang in there and it will get there soon.

Vivian and Sallie