Selecting Item from Extensive List

Bill Gallik

May 3, 2022, 10:10:59 AMMay 3
to viPhone 📩
Can anyone tell me if there is a less tedious way to select from a long list of items as opposed to going through the list one item at a time?

For instance, I live in Wisconsin so when I’m required to fill in my home address and the state is in a selection list, I find it tiresome to need to go one state (and in some cases, province) at a time. Also, many of my friends, people whom I wish to add to my contacts, logging their birthday as appropriate likewise gets quite tiresome - we’re talking in excess of 70 items in many cases here.

There must be a better way! HELP!!! 😊
* * * * * * * * * * * *
- Bill from Ino, Wisconsin
- "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable"
- "but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
- George Bernard Shaw

Marilyn and Don Bilderback

May 3, 2022, 11:47:48 PMMay 3
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Bill, do what I did a long time ago. Move to Arizona from Wisconsin!!! lol
Marilyn

http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/AB750B0C-0D42-4F90-AACE-BDF5257EDA22%40gmail.com.

Holly

May 4, 2022, 12:18:57 AMMay 4
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Bill:

Try using first letter selection. For Wisconsin, in a combo box, just hit
the 'w' key, until you hear Wisconsin. It should be after Washington.

Bill Gallik

May 4, 2022, 5:49:37 AMMay 4
to viPhone 📩
Hi Holly,

Thanks for your tip, I’m sure I’ve tried that to no avail. And if it did work for Wisconsin, it would still be a problem when trying to add the birth year for many of my pals (1940s, 1950s & 1960s).
Thanks just the same!

* * * * * * * * * * * *
- Bill from Ino, Wisconsin
- "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
- Wayne Dyer

> On May 3, 2022, at 11:18 PM, Holly <fe...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Bill:
>
> Try using first letter selection. For Wisconsin, in a combo box, just hit the 'w' key, until you hear Wisconsin. It should be after Washington.
> --
>
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

> http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/BBC085EA6B534E99AAD21D5F1B69AC54%40HollyPC.

Bill Gallik

May 4, 2022, 5:55:45 AMMay 4
to viPhone 📩
Thank you for this response, I certainly appreciate the humor.

From what part of Wisconsin did you flee? After this absolutely horrible spring in the north (Bayfield County) that may not be so much humorous as a darn fine suggestion! 😎

* * * * * * * * * * * *
- Bill from Ino, Wisconsin
- "No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,"
- "or sailed to an uncharted land,"
- "or opened a new heaven to the human spirit."
- Helen Keller
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/001301d85f69%24b6efc000%2424cf4000%24%40cox.net.

Marilyn and Don Bilderback

May 4, 2022, 6:48:57 AMMay 4
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Big smile.
I'm from Durand, Pepin County. It is close to Menomonie and Eau Claire. We fled the cold in 1973 when we were thirty. When it was time to retire, we were already here!
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/76719A3D-4909-4FA9-8B7D-6F51A3CDECCD%40gmail.com.

Bill Gallik

May 4, 2022, 8:13:30 AMMay 4
to viPhone 📩
Hi Marilyn,

I’m quite familiar with that area although I must confess that I’m not particularly knowledgeable concerning Peppin County. I have a nephew in Eau Claire, a niece in Chippewa Falls and friends in Menomonie. And I have been to both Menomonie and Eau Claire. That is a nice part of the state even though the winters aren’t much better than in Bayfield County.

* * * * * * * * * * * *
- Bill from Ino, Wisconsin
- "There are souls in this world which have the gift of finding joy everywhere"
- "and of leaving it behind them when they go."
- Fredrick Faber

Holly

May 4, 2022, 11:00:48 AMMay 4
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Bill:

Yes, the dates are a bit of a problem, along with some lists for States. I
was born in 1944 and live in Washington State, so know how you suffer.
Hahahaha.

Sieghard Weitzel

May 5, 2022, 12:32:38 AMMay 5
to vip...@googlegroups.com
In iOS many of these picker item boxes allow you to double tap and hold and then you can drag your finger up the screen a ways to jump across many items.
If it works you should hear a bunch of little clicks and you can then stop and check where you are at. I was born in 1967 so if the lists starts in 2022 I just double tap and hold near the bottom of the screen and then drag most of the way up and that often gets me to the 1970's in one go.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/64393495390B44C4BFE0D3176522B8C1%40HollyPC.