Question about Bluetooth keyboard

1 view

Rena

Jun 13, 2022, 10:38:16 AMJun 13
to vip...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I must send a text message, and I want to use my keyboard keys to go, because Siri makes some mistakes when I tried.

I opened messages and I was able to type the address, but,

What command can I use to type the message? I didn’t know what to do to go to the body of the message.

Also, what command should I use to send it?

Rena

Richard Turner

Jun 13, 2022, 10:50:09 AMJun 13
to vip...@googlegroups.com

You would use the Keyboard commands that match flicking right to get into the body of the message, and then to double tap to turn the message box into an editing field and then the enter key will send it.  If you want to put in a hard return in your message you have to press options+enter because just hitting enter sends it.

The command to essentially flick right with one finger is control+options+right arrow.

To double tap is control+options+spacebar.

Richard

Spuddle: a useful verb from the 17th century that means to work feebly and ineffectively, because your mind is elsewhere or you haven't quite woken up yet. To be extremely busy whilst achieving absolutely nothing.

My web site; https://www.turner42.com/

http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/04a101d87f33%24364dfd10%24a2e9f730%24%40gmail.com.

Christopher Chaltain

Jun 13, 2022, 3:25:12 PMJun 13
to vip...@googlegroups.com

If you’re just doing this occasionally then Richard’s instructions are the simplest and most intuitive. If however, you’re using your Bluetooth keyboard more and more, you may want to use quick nav. With quick nav you can just use the arrow keys and don’t have to use the VO keys.

So for example, you toggle quick nav on and off by holding down the left and right arrow keys at the same time. In your example, after typing in the recipients, you hit right+left-arrow to toggle on quick nav and then you’d right arrow until you get to the body of the message. At that point, you’d hit up+down-arrow to exit quick nav and edit the body of your message.

This isn’t a good example, but if you’re reviewing your list of messages then using quick nav, will be a big time saver.

--

Christopher (AKA CJ)

Chaltain at Outlook

Sieghard Weitzel

Jun 14, 2022, 12:29:51 AMJun 14
to vip...@googlegroups.com

I believe you can use tab as well to go from the “To” field to the message field.

Jun 14, 2022, 6:00:44 AMJun 14
to vip...@googlegroups.com
To add to Richard's contribution:
To jump to the top or bottom of a email or text message that you are composing press option up or down arrow.
To move by word forward or back option right or left arrow.
To select by word add the shift key  to the previous command.
To select from cursor to the beginning or end. option+shift+up or down arrow