Photos

chaim biberfeld

Jun 12, 2022, 1:50:10 PMJun 12
to vip...@googlegroups.com
I absolutely despise my iphone photo album - I find it completely inaccessible. What am I doing wrong or, how can I migrate all the photos using only my iphone, (I am computer illiterate), to another app or platform, please? When I use photos,i see only the headings and cannot scroll through the 1200 photos and videos extant.

Chaim Biberfeld, LCSW-R
Private Practice
917-902-3349

Barbara Stahl

Jun 12, 2022, 2:55:02 PMJun 12
to vip...@googlegroups.com
I completely agree It used to be a lot easier to use than it is now

On Jun 12, 2022, at 1:50 PM, chaim biberfeld <cbibe...@gmail.com> wrote:

I absolutely despise my iphone photo album - I find it completely inaccessible. What am I doing wrong or, how can I migrate all the photos using only my iphone, (I am computer illiterate), to another app or platform, please? When I use photos,i see only the headings and cannot scroll through the 1200 photos and videos extant.

http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/A2422BF8-06A7-40F7-BB23-91D54DA7F190%40gmail.com.

Richard Turner

Jun 12, 2022, 3:17:57 PMJun 12
to vip...@googlegroups.com

Well, the photos app is accessible, but it takes time to learn how to navigate it.

If you are not used to computers or haven’t spent much time learning the ins and outs, then it will take some patience to learn how to make it work for you.

There are four tabs along the bottom of the photos app.

From left to right,

Library

For you

Albums

If you select the Library tab, it will show you what’s in the photo library.

It tries to organize them for you, which is not intuitive.

I prefer to open the camera app, then find the Photo and Video viewer button and open that.

This gives you a scrolling item of all your photos.

When you touch the take picture button, a single finger flick right should put you on the Photo and Video Viewer button.  Double Tap.

Along the bottom of the screen are tabs:

Share,

Favorite,

Info,

Edit,

Delete.

Those all refer to whatever photo is selected.

Just above that bottom row of buttons is the Photo Chooser.

It should say a number of a number, like 1 of 26.

If you are wanting to go to a previous photo, You flick down with one finger.

If you want to go to the next photo, you flick up with one finger.

You are scrolling the list.

You can then take action on whatever photo you have selected.

With that many photos, you have a lot of tedious work to do, but I know of no other format that is more accessible.

Maybe someone else does.

The book, Capturing and Sharing the World, by Judy Dixon available from the National Braille Press in the following formats:

Braille ($18.00)
DAISY Download ($18.00)
DAISY (on USB drive) ($20.50)
eBraille (download) ($18.00)
eBraille (on USB drive) ($20.50)
Word File (Download) ($18.00)
Word file (on USB drive) ($20.50)

Chapter 3 talks all about storing and organizing your photos.  But the book is full of details about the Camera app settings, accessibility, and techniques for a blind person to take good photos.

The link to the National Braille Press page for the book is:

https://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/PHOTOS.html

HTH,

Richard

Spuddle: a useful verb from the 17th century that means to work feebly and ineffectively, because your mind is elsewhere or you haven't quite woken up yet. To be extremely busy whilst achieving absolutely nothing.

My web site; https://www.turner42.com/

Carolyn

Jun 14, 2022, 9:02:17 AMJun 14
to vip...@googlegroups.com
That works very well, Richard, thanks.
My web site; https://www.turner42.com/ <https://www.turner42.com/>

I absolutely despise my iphone photo album - I find it completely inaccessible. What am I doing wrong or, how can I migrate all the photos using only my iphone, (I am computer illiterate), to another app or platform, please? When I use photos,i see only the headings and cannot scroll through the 1200 photos and videos extant.

Chaim Biberfeld, LCSW-R
Private Practice
917-902-3349 <tel:917-902-3349>

thegototherapist.com

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/A2422BF8-06A7-40F7-BB23-91D54DA7F190%40gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/A2422BF8-06A7-40F7-BB23-91D54DA7F190%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/04fb01d87e91%24101726a0%24304573e0%24%40comcast.net <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/04fb01d87e91%24101726a0%24304573e0%24%40comcast.net?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

chaim biberfeld

Jun 14, 2022, 8:40:24 PMJun 14
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Excellent . thank you! Tedious yes, but at least it's possible! All the best

Chaim Biberfeld, LCSW-R
Private Practice
917-902-3349

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/000f01d87fee%24f6b04200%24e410c600%24%40windstream.net.