Amazon?

Kay Malmquist

May 14, 2022, 1:25:40 PMMay 14
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Today I tried to use the Amazon app, which is how I do all my Amazon shopping.  I tried to click the add to cart button and all I get is my phone saying add to cart and nothing happens.  I have had this happen in the past and all I had to do was flick passed the button and go back to it and everything was fine.  That seemed to have been fixed in subsequent updates.  I have also tried putting other items in the cart and the button will not work.  So, I have a few questions.  Is anyone else having this problem?  If so, did you figure out a way around it?  How do you contact someone to let them know about this issue?  I have restarted my phone.  It is an iPhone 12 Mini, running the latest IOS version.  Thanks much.

Kay Malmquist
kay.ma...@gmail.com

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength.
Corrie Ten Boom - 1892-1983 - Watchmaker

Richard Turner

May 14, 2022, 1:31:03 PMMay 14
to vip...@googlegroups.com

Call Amazon disability support: 888-283-1678

Richard

My web site; https://www.turner42.com/

http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/9DD93FD370EE4DE1ACC7CA865E1C40C9%40home.

M. Taylor

May 14, 2022, 7:40:07 PMMay 14
to vip...@googlegroups.com, viph...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kay,

I just read your post.

After reading your post, I added several items to my Amazon Cart via the Amazon app on my beloved 8 Plus without any difficulty.

The problem, for me, however, was the reverse of your problem. This is to say I had difficulty deleting the items from my Amazon Cart.

The solution for me was to use the explore-by-touch method in order to place my finger directly on the Delete button, then activate the button via VO gesture in order to get the option to work correctly.

I suspect that you will need to use the explore-by-touch method in order to activate the Add to Cart button, on your phone.

There does seem to be a video display update / focus problem with several apps on iOS after the recent updates.

In short, using the single-finger swipe gesture to place focus on any given virtual button, is not nearly as reliable as it once was.

I hope this helps.

Mark

mailto:kay.ma...@gmail.com

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength.
Corrie Ten Boom - 1892-1983 - Watchmaker

http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/9DD93FD370EE4DE1ACC7CA865E1C40C9%40home?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer.

Arnold Schmidt

May 14, 2022, 8:02:22 PMMay 14
to viph...@googlegroups.com, vip...@googlegroups.com
I did not get Kay's original post, but after reading Richard's, and now Mark's posts, I added something to my cart that I was thinking of buying, then deleted it when I decided I did not want it right now. Both functions worked as they should on this SE 2, running 15.4.1. My experience over the years is that when something doesn't work, it is often some internet problem somewhere, maybe on their end, maybe some internet switch or whatever between here and there, who knows. This type problem happens less frequently now than in the past, but it still crops up ocasionally. I try not to get too excited when it doesn't work the first time. But if it still doesn't work in a few minutes, or sometimes hours, or especially the next day, time to get upset.

Arnold Schmidt

Sent from Arnold's iPhone S E 2

On May 14, 2022, at 7:40 PM, M. Taylor <mk...@ucla.edu> wrote:

Hello Kay,
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone, The Next Generation" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone2/003a01d867eb%24ec919910%24c5b4cb30%24%40ucla.edu.