Sound notification for email.

Carolyn

Sep 26, 2021, 3:51:11 PMSep 26
to vip...@googlegroups.com

Somehow, I am not able to get mine to work – have checked in Sounds and Haptics and in mail. Is this a 15 bug?

Joseph Hudson

Sep 26, 2021, 3:55:49 PMSep 26
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Have you upgraded to iOS 15 yet? I saw here that some people were having issues with the mail stuff. So I haven't upgraded. And I will not upgrade until I feel that everything is fixed.

> On Sep 26, 2021, at 2:51 PM, Carolyn <4car...@windstream.net> wrote:
>
> Somehow, I am not able to get mine to work – have checked in Sounds and Haptics and in mail. Is this a 15 bug?
>
> --
>
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

> http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/01f901d7b30f%24d998cc70%248cca6550%24%40windstream.net.

Dan Yates

Sep 26, 2021, 3:55:51 PMSep 26
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Carolyn, I have the same issue occurring here as well after updating to 15
Dan

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 26, 2021, at 3:51 PM, Carolyn <4car...@windstream.net> wrote:

Somehow, I am not able to get mine to work – have checked in Sounds and Haptics and in mail. Is this a 15 bug?

Dan Yates

Carolyn

Sep 26, 2021, 3:59:15 PMSep 26
to vip...@googlegroups.com
I did upgrade.

One thing, speaking of upgrade, Focus worked right, when I got to my church address, but somehow, after I got home, I started checking things. Airplane Mode was on, and I did not have Cellular data. Good thing I am learning to check every little thing. I never liked people moving my things around, and I do not like it in my phone either.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/045D8738-E213-4975-ACFD-D00A83E63C21%40gmail.com.

Kevin Minor

Sep 26, 2021, 3:59:27 PMSep 26
to vip...@googlegroups.com

Hi.

I can’t remember how to get it to work, but when I did, I turned it off because whenever an email was received, it was read completely, even with the screen locked. I’ll wait for Apple’s fix to this.

Wish I had better news.

Kevin, Valerie and Jilly

Carolyn

Sep 26, 2021, 3:59:38 PMSep 26
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I just guess we have to wait to see if they fix it.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/01f901d7b30f%24d998cc70%248cca6550%24%40windstream.net <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/01f901d7b30f%24d998cc70%248cca6550%24%40windstream.net?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/519F9EF9-D4BB-481B-B9D4-B8E221746B99%40gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/519F9EF9-D4BB-481B-B9D4-B8E221746B99%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

Sieghard Weitzel

Sep 26, 2021, 5:18:29 PMSep 26
to vip...@googlegroups.com
You have to go to Notifications > Mail and make sure Sounds is turned on there.
If you have more than one mail account there is also a "Customize Notifications" button at the very end of that screen which allows you to set different sounds and preferences for each account, in fact , I think everybody probably has that button because even with one Mail account there still are the "VIP" notifications which you can also configure to play a different sound.
I had sounds on for Mail, but after the upgrade I noticed they had been turned off for some reason and I had to reconfigure that in Notifications > Mail > Customize Notifications.

Sep 26, 2021, 5:20:42 PMSep 26
to vip...@googlegroups.com

That is not a bug, all you have to do is set it so Mail notifications don't display on the lock screen or I guess you can go to Voiceover Settings > Verbosity and turn off "Always Speak Notifications", that should also take care of it.

Sep 26, 2021, 5:23:00 PMSep 26
to vip...@googlegroups.com

Hi.

I thought I did set it so mail notifications didn’t display on the lock screen. When I did that, none of my notifications from anywhere displayed, and there are some that I’d like to know about, like when I get phone calls.

Kevin, Valerie and Jilly

Carolyn

Sep 26, 2021, 5:32:46 PMSep 26
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that. It looks like now with updates, we'll have to go on a Settings wild goose chase and hope to get it back like we had it.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/SJ0PR06MB78622464C8D39267CE844630C7A69%40SJ0PR06MB7862.namprd06.prod.outlook.com.

Sieghard Weitzel

Sep 26, 2021, 7:27:01 PMSep 26
to vip...@googlegroups.com

If you go to Settings > Notifications > Mail and turn off Display on Lock Screen that has no effect on any other app.

I also prefer not to have Mails on the lock screen or for that matter in the notification centre at all so I turn it off, but all the other apps I want to see on the lock screen like Messages, News, Facebook, WhatsApp etc. show up just fine.

There are many ways now to deal with notifications if you use the notification summary and it all works really well with Voiceover.