Picture names

1 view

Joney Owen

Sep 25, 2021, 9:59:32 AMSep 25
to Viphone
They finally filled my request!
I was pleasantly surprised when I looked in my photos section on my phone. I discovered, a new tab at the bottom of each photo. It is photo info. It gives the date the photo was originally taken, all the stop information, which phone it was, all of the stuff. Also, it gives the title that I gave the photo when I put it on the computer! It doesn’t let me scan by those names yet, but it does list the photo by name! That means I can locate them on the phone! Hallelujah! A special thanks to Apple for this. :-) It is greatly appreciated. It also allows you to name people in the photos. And, when you look at other photos it puts the names in. I am a happy camper. :-)

Sent from my iPhone

Anna Dresner

Sep 25, 2021, 12:53:32 PMSep 25
to VIPhone Mailing List
Hi Joney,

You can also search in Spotlight for any text associated with the photo, such as the name you gave it on your computer or a landmark it contains.

Best,
Anna
> --
>
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

> http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/FDB99B43-30A5-4E56-BF95-2EFEDAFE0A1E%40gmail.com.

Richard Turner

Sep 25, 2021, 12:56:34 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
So, does this include Windows computers or are you talking about naming the photos on a Mac?

I have a Windows computer and it would be fantastic if that worked on Windows.

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." - Jane Wagner

You can also search in Spotlight for any text associated with the photo, such as the name you gave it on your computer or a landmark it contains.

Best,
Anna

> On Sep 25, 2021, at 8:59 AM, Joney Owen <talk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> They finally filled my request!
> I was pleasantly surprised when I looked in my photos section on my phone. I discovered, a new tab at the bottom of each photo. It is photo info. It gives the date the photo was originally taken, all the stop information, which phone it was, all of the stuff. Also, it gives the title that I gave the photo when I put it on the computer! It doesn't let me scan by those names yet, but it does list the photo by name! That means I can locate them on the phone! Hallelujah! A special thanks to Apple for this. :-) It is greatly appreciated. It also allows you to name people in the photos. And, when you look at other photos it puts the names in. I am a happy camper. :-)
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> --
>
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mail-archive.com%2Fviphone%40googlegroups.com%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C8c8f8c7976d946237a1608d9804501c6%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637681856139839483%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=BTUXeURKR8JFl%2B96v2qPOVlIaFmuNFa7EEAwKdKh5Yo%3D&amp;reserved=0
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Fmsgid%2Fviphone%2FFDB99B43-30A5-4E56-BF95-2EFEDAFE0A1E%2540gmail.com&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C8c8f8c7976d946237a1608d9804501c6%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637681856139839483%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=7jp1kGG0uLzqGJy4mpUhHo7zPHRyaZzQAn%2FUiGMiDkQ%3D&amp;reserved=0.

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mail-archive.com%2Fviphone%40googlegroups.com%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C8c8f8c7976d946237a1608d9804501c6%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637681856139839483%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=BTUXeURKR8JFl%2B96v2qPOVlIaFmuNFa7EEAwKdKh5Yo%3D&amp;reserved=0
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Fmsgid%2Fviphone%2FEDE20757-4992-456A-A9B7-06D59BC84B97%2540att.net&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C8c8f8c7976d946237a1608d9804501c6%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637681856139839483%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=M%2BYe3LVB%2FG7snN3yBrAU3%2FRoy6xu0gieQQqFins8lZY%3D&amp;reserved=0.

Sieghard Weitzel

Sep 25, 2021, 1:08:22 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
You are not actually renaming the picture as far as I know you just add a caption to it, but I haven't fully explored this so maybe there is a way to actually rename the picture file name from IMGXXXX where XXXX is a continuous numbering scheme to whatever you want and that this would transfer to a PC, maybe if somebody knows if that is the case they can explain.
http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/MW4PR17MB4513B37FFD7C9414665D2E11B7A59%40MW4PR17MB4513.namprd17.prod.outlook.com.

Malcolm Parfitt

Sep 25, 2021, 1:39:49 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
As I understand it, when you add a caption to a photo you are editing the Metadata of that particular picture.

What appears to happen is that the caption is added to the description field.

This is similar to when you save an image with description with Envision AI, Seeing AI and TapTapSee.

I doubt this information would be available to Windows.

Malcolm Parfitt

> On 25 Sep 2021, at 18:08, Sieghard Weitzel <sieg...@live.ca> wrote:
>
> You are not actually renaming the picture as far as I know you just add a caption to it, but I haven't fully explored this so maybe there is a way to actually rename the picture file name from IMGXXXX where XXXX is a continuous numbering scheme to whatever you want and that this would transfer to a PC, maybe if somebody knows if that is the case they can explain.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/SJ0PR06MB786226F0DBE8E1E1D677DE73C7A59%40SJ0PR06MB7862.namprd06.prod.outlook.com.

Joney Owen

Sep 25, 2021, 6:50:15 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
These are not captions to the pictures. These are names that I gave the pictures when they were in my photos file on the computer. I went to rename, and gave the picture a name with the date. That way when I’m looking on the computer I can find, kitty in the sink, rugby and toy, that kind of thing. Up Up to now, you have not been able to get them on the iPhone. It is still hard to get them, as you have to sort through all of your information areas, but I can’t find them. That’s at least some success. :-)

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 25, 2021, at 1:39 PM, Malcolm Parfitt <mal...@parfitt1.org.uk> wrote:
>
> As I understand it, when you add a caption to a photo you are editing the Metadata of that particular picture.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/0BEF87AF-F6EC-49FA-99D4-F6C54E49665D%40parfitt1.org.uk.

Joney Owen

Sep 25, 2021, 6:52:13 PMSep 25
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Anna for the information. I have not tried searching in spotlight, since I didn’t see the text by the photos. I will have to give that a try. :-)

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 25, 2021, at 6:50 PM, Joney Owen <talk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> These are not captions to the pictures. These are names that I gave the pictures when they were in my photos file on the computer. I went to rename, and gave the picture a name with the date. That way when I’m looking on the computer I can find, kitty in the sink, rugby and toy, that kind of thing. Up Up to now, you have not been able to get them on the iPhone. It is still hard to get them, as you have to sort through all of your information areas, but I can’t find them. That’s at least some success. :-)

Richard Turner

Sep 26, 2021, 1:04:40 AMSep 26
to vip...@googlegroups.com
And, what operating system is the computer? Windows or Mac?

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." -- Jane Wagner

website:  www.turner42.com

(Sent by a blue iPhone 13 Pro)

On Sep 25, 2021, at 3:52 PM, Joney Owen <talk...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Joney Owen

Sep 26, 2021, 4:30:32 AMSep 26
to vip...@googlegroups.com
It is Windows.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 26, 2021, at 1:04 AM, Richard Turner <richard...@outlook.com> wrote:

 And, what operating system is the computer? Windows or Mac?

---

Richard Turner

Sep 26, 2021, 5:47:31 PMSep 26
to vip...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Joney,

Did you use iTunes to transfer the photos or use File Explorer?

Thanks,

Richard

My Web site: https://www.turner42.com

Joney Owen