Problem with Chirp books app on an iPad mini

Mary Otten

Jun 13, 2022, 3:23:58 PMJun 13
to via VIPhone, mac4th...@freelists.org
In addition to audible and other things, I occasionally buy books from Chirp books. Trip is set up so that you have a library, just like audible. On the iPhone, you have a couple of links for each book, one is the title and the other is a so-called secondary menu where you can do stuff like download the book read about it etc. On of controls is presented as one control only. It’s just read all together by voice over. No matter where are you double tap, you always get play. So even if you move down to the word secondary for secondary menu, and double tap there, you still get the book On the iPad mini, this set of controls is presented as one control only. It’s just read all together by voiceover. No matter where are you double tap, you always get play. So even if you move down to the word secondary for secondary menu, and double tap there, you still get the book playing. once you’re in the book itself, there are ways to access some of the things that are in that secondary menu, such as going to a specific chapter. However, it’s annoying, and of course not everything in that menu is accessible from within a given book. I wonder why voiceover sees this as one giant control on the iPad, but two separate ones, which is clearly what it should be, on the phone.

Sent from my iPhone