Message received from blocked sender

Mary Otten

May 16, 2022, 11:42:06 AMMay 16
to via VIPhone
Hi all,
Recently, I found out how to block senders on my phone. I’ve blocked several. Today, I just got a message that says it is from a “blocked sender“. So why did I get the message if it’s from a blocked sender? This makes exactly no sense to me. What is the point of blocking a sender if I get there messages anyway?
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

Flor Lynch

May 16, 2022, 11:47:27 AMMay 16
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you then need to remove/delete the blocked sender fromn the list
of blocked senders, , if that's possible?

Donna Casteen

May 16, 2022, 12:00:33 PMMay 16
to vip...@googlegroups.com
It has been my experience, especially with mass spam junk mail, it takes a while before the emails from the block sender stop. I just move the emails to the trash folder.

Donna

> Hi all,
> Recently, I found out how to block senders on my phone. I’ve blocked several. Today, I just got a message that says it is from a “blocked sender“. So why did I get the message if it’s from a blocked sender? This makes exactly no sense to me. What is the point of blocking a sender if I get there messages anyway?
> Mary
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> --
>
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

> http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/AFD2E102-E8EC-417F-8055-7D246AE83954%40gmail.com.

Richard Turner

May 16, 2022, 12:02:33 PMMay 16
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps that is under notification settings?
I don't know. Perhaps calling accessibility?

Sounds odd.

Richard

My web site; https://www.turner42.com/

http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/31891216-8b10-3c13-88cf-5b4ec6be2c65%40iol.ie.

PRAMIT BHARGAVA

May 17, 2022, 10:07:06 AMMay 17
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mary,

When you block any number the very first time, there will be a pop-up message ie Do you want to get a notification when you receive a call or message from a block number?
If you check this notification, you still receive the message or call notification.

http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---

Mary Otten

May 17, 2022, 11:59:54 AMMay 17
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Interesting, Pramit. I don’t recall ever seeing that pop up.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone