Apple Music and my own music library troubles

Traci Duncan

May 10, 2022, 3:47:42 PMMay 10
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I’m new to Apple Music, on a 6 month trial. I’ve noticed my playlists are messed up. Playlists I have had for several years have changed. There should be over a hundred songs in a particular smart playlist and now there are four.

I can only guess that Apple music has changed something. Is there a way I can change it back, or stop it from doing this in the future? I am a heavy playlist/smart playlist user.

So far, everything is remaining the usual way it should be on my Mac. I’m seeing these changes on my iPhone.

Thanks,
Traci

Richard Turner

May 10, 2022, 3:55:14 PMMay 10
to vip...@googlegroups.com
I do not use Apple music; but isn't there a way to select the source in the iPhone music app to be your library, rather than Apple Music?

Richard
“What we think or what we know or what we believe is in the end of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do” ~ John Ruskin

On May 10, 2022, at 12:47 PM, Traci Duncan <our4...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

http://www.mail-archive.com/vip...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/374AB3F9-54B4-4A7B-984B-526C9E93ACBA%40gmail.com.

Traci Duncan

May 10, 2022, 5:32:59 PMMay 10
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I just looked in the Music app and also in settings. I am not seeing anything like what you suggested. :-)

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Traci

Sent from my iPhone

On May 10, 2022, at 12:55 PM, Richard Turner <richard...@comcast.net> wrote:

I do not use Apple music; but isn't there a way to select the source in the iPhone music app to be your library, rather than Apple Music?

Richard Turner

May 10, 2022, 6:45:37 PMMay 10
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Nope.
Maybe Apple Accessibility?

Richard
“What we think or what we know or what we believe is in the end of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do” ~ John Ruskin

Harry Bell

May 11, 2022, 1:48:21 AMMay 11
to vip...@googlegroups.com
I’m sure, oike richard, that it used to be possible to show my music rather than just Apple Music. I have iTunes Match as well as an Apple Music subscription. But I’ve just checked on iPhone and iPad and I cannot find any way to change what is displayed other than turning off using Apple Music in settings! Do ring Apple Accessibility and let us all know.
Harry

On 10 May 2022, at 23:45, Richard Turner <richard...@comcast.net> wrote:

Nope.

Sieghard Weitzel

May 12, 2022, 10:49:41 AMMay 12
to vip...@googlegroups.com

I have the following tabs along the bottom of the screen on my iPhone 11 when I open the music app:

Listen Now, Browse, Radio, Library and Search

When I select Library, it says “Library Heading” at the top of the screen and underneath hat I have the following (swiping right from the heading):

Playlists

Artists

Albums

Songs

Music Videos

Genres

Compellations

Composers

After that I come to a “Recently Added” heading and following this is a long list of music I recently added to my library.

Mohammad Fazil

May 12, 2022, 12:06:40 PMMay 12
to vip...@googlegroups.com
Can I listen to radio in Nusic App?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Richard Turner

May 12, 2022, 12:09:14 PMMay 12
to vip...@googlegroups.com

Yes, if it is a streaming station and you have internet access.  Frankly, I find TuneIn Radio to be far easier to use for streaming radio.

Richard

My web site; https://www.turner42.com/