Cisco Academy for the Vision Impaired (CAVI) free courses

Rob Whyte

Oct 18, 2019, 6:25:30 PM10/18/19
to vinux-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
this may be of interest for some people.

Cisco Academy for the Vision Impaired (CAVI) has open enrolments once again:
Ever wanted to learn about Linux but didn't know where to start, couldn't find specific vision impaired information let alone someone willing to mentor or teach you?
Same with Python, want to contribute to your favourite opensource software or game mod?
Now you can with Cisco Academy for the Vision Impaired.

Contact us today and enrol in our free Linux and Python essential courses, yes I did say free.

Ran by vision impaired, for the vision impaired.

Enrolments close mid November.

https://m.facebook.com/ciscovision

Please feel free to share around your networks.

cheers

Rob

David Hoff Jr

Oct 22, 2019, 1:29:53 PM10/22/19
to vinux-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob,
I'm getting to old to take all the courses, but I do have an interest in
the process to make a non accessible GUI program accessible to Orca, as
well as how to write simple applications to be run from the command line.
I've played a little with Python and Bash scripting but nothing serious.
I have done quite a bit of personal needs programming in Basic for
Windows so have a little background, but unfortunately, Basic is not a
common language in Linux.
--
<>