Confirmation of Vinux development meeting tomorrow/today

1 view

Rob Whyte

Aug 4, 2017, 2:52:22 AM8/4/17
to vinux-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

those interested in contributing toward upcoming Vinux development
please find yourselves logged in to mumble.vinuxproject.org at 9PM UTC
today.

Friday for most, but for the Australians or Newzeelanders on list it is
Saturday morning.

As usual please make sure you you are using push to talk and have set
your equipment up, we usually connect a bit earlier anyone wishing to
check their gains.

Talk soon.

Warm regards

Rob Whyte

Mark Peveto

Aug 4, 2017, 5:54:33 PM8/4/17
to vinux-de...@googlegroups.com
What time is that for US central?

Mark Peveto
Registered Linux user number 600552
Everything happens after coffee!
> --
> --
>
> Vinux Home Page: http://vinuxproject.org/
> Vinux Wiki Documentation: http://vinuxproject.org/wiki/
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Vinux Development Forum" group.

SatyaNarayana Murthy Tanikella

Aug 5, 2017, 2:39:18 AM8/5/17
to vinux-de...@googlegroups.com
I am From India & at time it would be?

Bill Taylor

Aug 5, 2017, 4:59:05 AM8/5/17
to vinux-de...@googlegroups.com
Hello SatyaNarayana and Mark,

at the time of your posts you were about 8 hours and 1 hour late for
this meeting, respectively.

UTC and GMT are effectively the same, UTC is taking over in usage.

Here in Australia, Eastern Standard Time (E.S.T.) is UTC +10 hours.

India appears to be in one time zone, IST is UTC +5.30 hours.

US Central (CST) is UTC−6:00 and Central Daylight saving Time (CDT)
is UTC−5:00. ( note the difference daylight saving time makes, locally,
BUT NOT to UTC!)

For Australia EST, a Friday 9pm UTC means 7.00am Saturday. 9 +10.
For India IST, a Friday 9pm UTC means 2.30 Saturday. 9 + 5.30.
For US Central CDT, a Friday 9pm UTC means 4.00 Friday. 9 -5 .

I have a UTC time displayed in my time/date tab, below the calendar.

Also, Google can sort this out for all!

I hope this helps.
Bill

On 05/08/17 15:56, SatyaNarayana Murthy Tanikella wrote:
> I am From India & at time it would be?
>
> On 8/5/17, Mark Peveto <southern...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What time is that for US central?

SatyaNarayana Murthy Tanikella

Aug 5, 2017, 7:19:58 PM8/5/17
to vinux-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
I would like to participate in vinux development.
My main objective is to make a linux destribution similar to kali
linux using both kali linux tools & vinux friendly features.
What is the best way I should persue. Thanks in advance.