Development approach

Rob Whyte

Sep 9, 2018, 5:37:04 PM9/9/18
to vinux-de...@googlegroups.com

Hi all.
with development grinding to a halt last year followed by our unsuccessful attempts to iron out the installation bugs on Vinux based upon Ubuntu 16.04,
I've emailed Luke asking him if he would consider an offer to provide the virtual machines and use the existing live-build repositories--  to revive the Ubuntu flavour.
Vinux has funds available that if we don't have current releases then we won't really be able to use the funds in the future.
It has always been our aim to become a non-proffit of which is still on my radar.
However without active development I would find it difficult to sort donations and support.

I feel that we are not in a position to continue without a developer whom understands all of the intricacies of the Fedora build process to go there as yet.
I will advise Luke's response once he has had time to consider.

In the mean time please use our networks on IRC, communities etc to put out feelers for anyone involved in building images if they would like to be involved in Vinux development.

I as always remain available on our Freenode #vinux channel and on or off-list r...@vinuxproject.org should anyone wish to express any opinions related to Vinux moving forward.

Warm regards
Rob Whyte

Kind regards Rob Whyte

Rick Leir

Sep 10, 2018, 4:39:30 AM9/10/18
to The Vinux Development Forum
Hi Rob
The current Ubuntu, which has Gnome 3, has the Universal Acess menu disabled by default. Though this menu seems a bit difficult to use (and I have good vision!)
I found the Gnome a11y project at https://wiki.gnome.org/Accessibility

What were the installation bugs you refer to?
cheers -- Rick

David Knight

Sep 26, 2018, 3:16:52 PM9/26/18
to The Vinux Development Forum
Hi all,

So you all know I still lurk on this mailing list as I truly want to help improve accessibility to open source software.

Whilst I’m certainly not anywhere in the same league as Luke I would love to contribute to the project.

With this in mind I am currently halfway through a degree in computer science and intend to get more involved as I gain more knowledge and have some free time. Right now though with full time work and study I’m lucky to get a night off!

Kind regards,
David Knight

Fernando Botelho

Sep 26, 2018, 3:46:02 PM9/26/18
to vinux-de...@googlegroups.com
That's awesome David. Keep us posted on your availability and type of
contributions you would like to make, i.e. what languages you work in or
areas of interest.

Fernando