Vinux on IRC

Rob Whyte

Oct 31, 2016, 11:08:56 PM10/31/16
to vinux-...@googlegroups.com, vinux-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I would like to let our community know about a change to our IRC channel.

For about 7 years now Vinux has had an IRC channel hosted on my personal
IRC network BluFudge.

This network was established around 10 years ago and began to cator for
vision impaired and blind members of the community.

Over recent years the user base has declined with social media more
accessible, with that in mind I feel the best way forward for Vinux on
IRC is to move our IRC channel to the popular http://www.freenode.net
IRC network.

To­day, the freen­ode project plays host to some­where in the re­gion of
90,000 users and just shy of 50,000 reg­is­tered chan­nels.

The freen­ode project is man­aged en­tire­ly by a small team of
en­thu­si­as­tic vol­un­teers who all share
a pas­sion for free and open source soft­ware and peer-di­rect­ed
project com­mu­ni­ties.

What better place for Vinux to attract new users and developers.

Please join myself Fudge, Luke known as Themuso and others on our #vinux
channel and invite people that may be interested in tracking the
progress of Vinux, trying it for themselves or even chipping in with
some development.

Talk soon

Warmest regards
Rob Whyte