Just in case any of you might be interested in this.
If you are interested don’t reply to this email, but rather to John McKnight at oldra...@gmail.com
From: IMRRC | Jon McKnight [mailto:oldra...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 3:50 PM
Subject: READ: IMRRC Road Trip to the Simeone Museum
As many of you who attended the December Center Conversation featuring Dr Fred Simeone remember the idea of IMRRC sponsored “road trip” to the Simeone Museum was bantered about by several of those present. I’m happy to report that the thanks to the hard work of one of those people who had the idea, Dick Buck, we’re at a point where we can propose the following
· Proposed date - Saturday April 23rd –“A tribute to Watkins Glen”. This is one of the museum’s famous ”Demonstration Days” featuring brief drive of the following cars; 1950 Allard J2, 1953 Jaguar C type, 1963 Chevrolet Grand Sport around the museum’s demo track. After this program our participants will have the chance to browse through the extensive Simeone collection for 2 ½- 3 hours. Check out the museum’s website for more details
· Time - in order to keep the cost of this program reasonable it has been decided to make it a one day trip with no overnight stay. Accordingly the bus will leave from the Research Center PROMPTLY AT 6:30AM, returning between 9 and 9:30 that evening
· Bus Details – A modern 47 seat coach with bathroom, DVD player, and VCR. We will bring DVD’s & videos from the Center’s collection to help pass the time. Alcoholic (and non-alcoholic) beverages will be permitted so everyone is reminded to plan accordingly and toasts are encouraged. Our trip to Philadelphia is on a tight time schedule, so no stops on the way to Philadelphia, but if the group desires, a 10-15 minute stretch and walk stop can be included on the way back.
· Food – We have a few options; everyone can bring their own, we can arrange for box type lunches From Mr. Chicken or one of the other local eateries at a cost of $10-15/person or the Simeone Museum can provide lunch at $22/head.
· Cost – Bus & Museum admission only $70-$75/person
Bus, Museum admission & local box lunch $85-$90/person
Bus, Museum admission & lunch at the museum $95-$100/person
· Overview- This is a new type of activity for the Center and there seemed to be a lot of interest at the time but it should be pointed out that the Center cannot subsidize the event so we need a full bus with 47 people to make it work. Payment will be required in advance and if for some reason you can’t go at the last minute it is your responsibility to find someone to take your place – no refunds. Sorry, but that’s an economic reality.
· OK, I’m in. What’s next? I’m in Florida until mid March so I’m working with Dick coordinating the program via email. IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN BEING PART OF SOMETHING AS EXCITING AS THE FIRST MOON LANDING please reply to this email and please include any ideas, questions that you might have. In order to save costs we are doing this initial contact via email so if you notice someone missing who might be interested please pass this information on to anyone you think might be interested. We’d like your response by February 15th so we can determine if we’re a go. Thanks for your interest and look forward to seeing you on April 23rd
LET’S MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Director of Marketing & Development
The International Motor Racing Research Center
850.837.0168 (till 3/18) 908.268.8368 (cell)
2011-celebrating the 50th anniversary of Formula One at Watkins Glen