FW: join us for a great day saturday!

1 view

Casey

Apr 11, 2011, 5:24:35 PM4/11/11
to NYIce...@googlegroups.com, Vintage Ice Racers Group, StoneBridgeDrivers@googlegroups. com, SBD INFO, Glen SCCA Info Only, Glen Solo Group

-----Original Message-----
From: rese...@racingarchives.org [mailto:rese...@racingarchives.org]
Sent:
Monday, April 11, 2011 3:16 PM
To: rese...@racingarchives.org
Subject: join us for a great day saturday!

Hello Friends!

Saturday, April 16, is a big day for us at the Racing Research Center and we hope you’ll be joining us.

~ At 1 p.m., we’re celebrating Bill Milliken’s 100th birthday. What an honor for us to be sharing this momentous occasion with him. Enjoy some stories and some birthday cake!

~ At 3 p.m., racer, author, photographer and filmmaker Michael Keyser will talk about his experiences, including with Formula One, and will show some of the greatest photographs from his collection.

~ At 6 p.m., we’ll all head to The Glen Theater on Franklin Street, the village’s renovated historic theater, to watch “Grand Prix.” For a $5 donation to the Center, viewers will see this 1966 Academy Award-winning film starring James Garner, Eva Marie Saint and Yves Montand and considered by many to be the best movie ever made about racing.

Friday is the kickoff of the race track’s opening weekend activities. For more information about what’s going on there Saturday and Sunday, visit www.theglen.com.

Lots to do as we continue our celebration of the 50th anniversary of the first Formula One race at Watkins Glen. For information about other events during the year, visit our website at www.racingarchives.org.

Hope to see you Saturday!