Taking Makerbot Cupcake CNC back to operation

Michael Nowak

Jun 8, 2016, 2:13:49 PM6/8/16
to Vintage Makerbot
Hey guys,

I try to get an old cupcake CNC back to operation.

My Configuration is as follows:

Makerbot Cupcake CNC
  Mainboard RepRap v1.2 (firmware v3.0)
  Extruder controller v2.2 (firmware v2.3)
ReplicatorG 0029r2
GCode Generator Skeinforge (35)

I did my first test with ReplicatorG 0040
First it worked fine till the 10th layer (or something linke that)
Here I became a kind of time out error msg.
All three directins became silly and did some circle moves
After that the printer began to print again but at a wrong place.

I did it with the 20mm calibration cube.

Now I try to go on wirh ReplicatorG 0029r2
With the first try the table moved over the endpoints and made many noise.

I have no Idea what to do.

I tried to upgrade the extruder firmware but I don't know how.
I seems that I got no connection to the board.

(The MAINBOARD upgrade worked fine)

So ... has anybody an idea or a direction where I have to trace my problems?

thank you very much
Michael

Dan Laskowski

Jun 10, 2016, 9:33:07 AM6/10/16
to Vintage Makerbot
Good Polish name!

What you are asking can take a bit of time over a series of posts.  Where in the country are you?  Maybe someone in your area can help one on one?