Thing-O-Matic Heater Board

MacGyver

May 10, 2017, 3:19:05 PM5/10/17
to Vintage Makerbot
I'm trying to find a replacement for my Thing-O-Matic Heater Board.  So far I've only found one on ebay.hk not sure if it has all the plugs and components or not.  Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

James McCracken

May 10, 2017, 3:51:03 PM5/10/17
to vintage-...@googlegroups.com
I just make my own.  I have a cupcake, almost exactly the same heater board.  The hardest part is the voltage divider for the temperature probe, but there are tons of guides online for how to do that.  I designed and use these so I can basically just build the HBP on any square and flat piece of metal, without worrying about the thickness being exactly the same everywhere when I'm done (my construction method involves nichrome wire, kapton tape, and ceramic insulating tape in layers)

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 3:19 PM, MacGyver <bdwel...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm trying to find a replacement for my Thing-O-Matic Heater Board.  So far I've only found one on ebay.hk not sure if it has all the plugs and components or not.  Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Randy Zimmer

May 11, 2017, 1:35:31 PM5/11/17
to Vintage Makerbot
I have some spares. The one in my hand was refurbed by Vernon. Called an ec3  2010 and the label on it says 3.1 loaded. Two others were retired while working. Buffalo, NY

MacGyver

May 11, 2017, 2:19:23 PM5/11/17
to Vintage Makerbot
I'm looking for one of these:

If you've got 1 or more I'd love to take them off your hands.

Daniel Newman

May 11, 2017, 2:27:50 PM5/11/17
to vintage-...@googlegroups.com
Well, if you don't have any luck you can get OSH Park to make you http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:16958 .
The gerber files and all should be there.

Dan

Randy Zimmer

May 11, 2017, 6:07:26 PM5/11/17
to Vintage Makerbot

I have that too, used but worked when parked.