Any Replicator 1 users?

Catherine Clements

Feb 8, 2019, 8:51:14 AM2/8/19
to Vintage Makerbot
Hello.  I'm about to embark on reviving a Replicator 1 and am wondering if there are any other Replicator 1 users here.

Best wishes,
catherine

Adam Delbeke

Oct 24, 2019, 7:24:04 PM10/24/19
to Vintage Makerbot
I just scored a Replicator 1 for $20 that has "motherboard issues". This is my first time with any experience in 3d printing. I hope to find some answers in this google group as well!

David Slater

Oct 24, 2019, 9:54:20 PM10/24/19
to vintage-...@googlegroups.com
Yes I am reviving one that suffered from a flaming motherboard.  I am trying to get it running with a TEVO type motherboard.  You should do a lot of investigation on what motherboard you are going to use as they seem to be quite easy to smoke while you messing about with the hardware.  You should also do a lot of investigation on what end stops to use.  My goal has been to revise it into a Tevo Tornado using Marlin Software.  It is not a trivial task.
later, slater