Stepper Motor Driver v3.3 died

Dan Laskowski

Jan 7, 2018, 8:10:28 PM1/7/18
to Vintage Makerbot
This is the third one in a bunch of years and a bunch of hours of printing on my two Cupcake printers.  All three times, I remember a static discharge and then no extruder.

I don't see the boards out on the web anymore.  Is there a direct replacement that can be found?

Greg Thorstad

Jan 8, 2018, 8:35:24 AM1/8/18
to vintage-...@googlegroups.com
I am not positive if they are the same but we still have a few new Thingomatic stepper drivers in stock.  We also have a few Thingomatics we are parting out if you were looking for used parts.

Greg Thorstad, B.Comm
Thorstad Computers Inc./Thor3D/Canadian Makerbot Distributor
Box 268
Outlook,SK S0L 2N0
306 867-9596
gr...@thorstad.ca

Michael Carter

Jan 8, 2018, 11:37:15 AM1/8/18
to Vintage Makerbot
I would also recommend upgrading to ramps or simply building a Pololu driver boards.

Please note by default the cupcake used 1/4 micro stepping these  boards use 1/16 stepping and as a result, you will need to multiply the E steps setting by 4.

Dan Laskowski

Jan 8, 2018, 8:37:12 PM1/8/18
to Vintage Makerbot
Regarding your Thingomatic parts, my bad board looks like this:

stepper motor driver v3.3.png

Dan Laskowski

Jan 8, 2018, 8:37:38 PM1/8/18
to Vintage Makerbot
stepper motor driver v3.3.png

Randy Zimmer

Jan 9, 2018, 4:07:09 PM1/9/18
to Vintage Makerbot
I have some old ones, if you're willing to take used, I can check them and find a good one. In Buffalo, NY

Dan Laskowski

Jan 10, 2018, 9:39:48 AM1/10/18
to Vintage Makerbot
Thanks!  It looks like I found some new ones in Canada.  I will know more today.