Resilient VI: A Roadmap for Comprehensive Disaster Risk Reduction in the Virgin Islands

Kristina Edwards

Oct 7, 2021, 3:36:38 PM10/7/21
to Virgin Islands Network of Environmental Educators

Hey VINE friends! See message below regarding resiliency workshop!

-kitty

Good day,

It is that time of year again! The 4th Annual Hazard Mitigation and Resilience Plan workshop is scheduled for November 9-10th, 2021 from 9:00am to 4:00pm.

After two Cat5 hurricanes, 2 years of severe drought, and a pandemic, what can we do to be more resilient to the impacts of natural disasters? Join VITEMA and UVI for a two-day workshop to hear about our progress finalizing a disaster risk reduction plan for the territory, and share your thoughts on how we can become more resilient.

You will walk away from this workshop with a better understanding of how to reduce risk in the VI, and how you can contribute to develop a sustainable roadmap to resilience in your organization. This will also be an opportunity to provide your feedback on our work.

To register for this event, please visit our website: https://resilientvi.org/the-4th-annual-workshop-copy.

Also, please note that if you wish to attend both days, you will need to register for each day individually. An agenda will be provided in the near future.

We eagerly look forward to your participation!

Regards,

-- Greg

K. Edwards Mobile
Education & Outreach Coordinator
DPNR Division of Coastal Zone Management

The information contained in this communication, and in any accompanying documents, may constitute confidential or proprietary. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then you may not disclose, print, copy, or disseminate this information, nor take any action in reliance on this information. If you have received this communication in error, please reply and notify the sender (only) and then delete the message. Unauthorized interception of e-mail communications is a violation of federal criminal law.