Getting vimtl going again: looking for space for late April

Kamal Marhubi

Apr 4, 2014, 6:40:06 PM4/4/14
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all! The snow has started melting so I'm coming out of hibernation.
I'd like to get this going again, and I know at least one person who
wants to give a talk. The one thing is that Notman is closed for the
moment, and I'm not fully sure when they're open again. Does anyone have
ideas for a location? And of course, talk ideas are welcome, please get
in touch!

Benjamin Vanheuverzwijn

Apr 8, 2014, 10:00:11 AM4/8/14
to vi...@googlegroups.com
hey,

i know that montrehack are now held at UQAM building on president kennedy street. I think the computer science department is there.

UQAM
201, avenue du Président-Kennedy, H2X 3Y7,http://www.uqam.ca/campus/pavillons/pk.htm
Local PK-1780

--
Benjamin Vanheuverzwijn

Adrian Ghizaru

Apr 8, 2014, 6:22:41 PM4/8/14
to vi...@googlegroups.com
I can check with people, I think Caravan might be willing.

Kamal Marhubi

Apr 8, 2014, 10:53:01 PM4/8/14
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks both for the info. I’m considering having a surprise event during
PyCon sprints, perhaps on the Tuesday to not conflict with the special
Montreal Python event. Watch this space!

Adrian Ghizaru

Apr 9, 2014, 8:55:44 AM4/9/14
to vi...@googlegroups.com

Bummer, Tue is the Software Carpentry workshop on the R language.

Kamal Marhubi

Apr 9, 2014, 9:06:21 AM4/9/14
to vi...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 9, 2014, at 08:55 AM, Adrian Ghizaru wrote:
> Bummer, Tue is the Software Carpentry workshop on the R language.

Oh I was thinking the evening, so that the usual crowd can also show up
too. Not everyone is out!