Date Issue

wbm

Sep 25, 2012, 5:58:16 PM9/25/12
to vimorg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Herb,

I just ran into a small issue.  I sometimes put in dates by hand (eg when editing on the android, where orgmode does not work properly).  I had put in a date for september incorrectly <2012-09-31>, which does not exist.  This crashed the agenda command since the date is not well defined.  I would expect it to ignore the error and just proceed?

Once I figured out what was happening, it is easy to fix, though some sort of more elegant treatment of the error would be nice?

Thanks so much for all the effort - I do use orgmode daily - the ability to date and have stuff in many files is very useful.

best bentley

Herbert Sitz

Sep 26, 2012, 2:08:15 AM9/26/12
to vimorg...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 2:58 PM, wbm <ben...@curriemacleod.net> wrote:
> I just ran into a small issue. I sometimes put in dates by hand (eg when
> editing on the android, where orgmode does not work properly). I had put in
> a date for september incorrectly <2012-09-31>, which does not exist. This
> crashed the agenda command since the date is not well defined. I would
> expect it to ignore the error and just proceed?

Bentley --

Thanks for the report, I put it on my list. . .

Regards,

Herb

W. Bentley MacLeod

Sep 26, 2012, 7:18:41 AM9/26/12
to vimorg...@googlegroups.com
Thanks - maybe I should fixing these myself - what is the best self-contained place to learn the vim scripting language?  many thanks b.
--
W. Bentley MacLeod
Sami Mnaymneh Professor of Economics