colors when using vimorganizer in terminal

Nils Blum-Oeste

Nov 7, 2012, 3:22:10 AM11/7/12
to vimorg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I really love and appreciate VimOrganizer. After compiling it with GUI support it mostly works in my terminal emulator. There are key binding issues and the colors are not working correctly though.
I am using vim7.3 compiled with GUI option on Ubuntu 12.10 in konsole (but the same problem occurs with xterm, gnome-terminal). The agenda dashboard for example does not have any highlighting at all. VimOrganizer is the latest version from github. My vim setup is based on Janus and I am using Pathogen. My colorscheme is solarized, but the problem also occurs with other colorschemes.

Can someone provide assistance in getting the colors working correctly?

Herbert Sitz

Nov 7, 2012, 10:21:44 AM11/7/12
to vimorg...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Nils Blum-Oeste
<nblum...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>There are key binding
> issues and the colors are not working correctly though.

Nils -- The keybinding issues, you may be aware, are result of the
terminal being more limited in what keys and key combinations it can
map than gvim is. Some of the more common keybindings that don't work
already have alternate keybindings assigned in VimOrganizer. See :h
vimorg-keybindings-terminal Let me know if there are some
particular functions you use often that are mapped to keys you can't
use in terminal.

> I am using vim7.3 compiled with GUI option on Ubuntu 12.10 in konsole (but
> the same problem occurs with xterm, gnome-terminal).

That sounds fine.

>The agenda dashboard
> for example does not have any highlighting at all. VimOrganizer is the
> latest version from github. My vim setup is based on Janus and I am using
> Pathogen. My colorscheme is solarized, but the problem also occurs with
> other colorschemes.

Not sure why that would be happening. Do you have same problem with
the stock colorschemes? I'll have to take a look to see what could be
causing this.

> Can someone provide assistance in getting the colors working correctly?

What problems are there other than the issue in Agenda?

-- Herb
-

Herbert Sitz

Nov 7, 2012, 10:23:48 AM11/7/12
to vimorg...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 7:21 AM, Herbert Sitz <hes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> . . , Do you have same problem with
> the stock colorschemes? I'll have to take a look to see what could be
> causing this.

Whoops, sorry, see you already said Agenda problem exists with other
colorschemes. I'll have to check into it to guess what might be
happening on your machine. -- Herb

Nils Blum-Oeste

Nov 7, 2012, 3:39:49 PM11/7/12
to vimorg...@googlegroups.com, hes...@gmail.com

On Wednesday, November 7, 2012 4:21:46 PM UTC+1, hsitz wrote:
On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Nils Blum-Oeste
Nils -- The keybinding issues, you may be aware, are result of the
terminal being more limited in what keys and key combinations it can
map than gvim is.  Some of the more common keybindings that don't work
already have alternate keybindings assigned in VimOrganizer.  See :h
vimorg-keybindings-terminal     Let me know if there are some
particular functions you use often that are mapped to keys you can't
use in terminal.

Thanks I am aware of that. I think we should focus on the color issue in this thread, to make sure we focus and that problem and do not mix things up here. I probably should not have mentioned the key binding issues at all in this thread.

Not sure why that would be happening.  Do you have same problem with
the stock colorschemes?  I'll have to take a look to see what could be
causing this.

> Can someone provide assistance in getting the colors working correctly?

What problems are there other than the issue in Agenda?

Yeah, as you recognized already the problems also occur with other colorschemes including the stock ones.
My question if someone could provide assistance is that vague as I honestly don't know how to track this issue down.
I just do not know where to look for it to solve the color issue.

Here is my .vimrc.after: http://pastebin.com/PR0fg7Zh