archive subtree

sliptonic

Jan 18, 2015, 1:36:18 PM1/18/15
to vimorg...@googlegroups.com
I used orgmode in emacs extensively a couple years ago and really got hooked for a few things.  I've switched to Gvim as my primary editor and I've been using vim-orgmode.  However, vim-orgmode lacks the ability to archive a subtree and this is the one feature I really miss.   I'm considering making the switch to vim-organizer but I'm not clear on whether it does archival either.

Can you clarify and let me know if it will require any special configuration?

Thanks.

Herbert Sitz

Jan 18, 2015, 2:34:12 PM1/18/15
to vimorg...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 10:36 AM, sliptonic <shopint...@gmail.com> wrote:
I used orgmode in emacs extensively a couple years ago and really got hooked for a few things.  I've switched to Gvim as my primary editor and I've been using vim-orgmode.  However, vim-orgmode lacks the ability to archive a subtree and this is the one feature I really miss.   I'm considering making the switch to vim-organizer but I'm not clear on whether it does archival either.

Can you clarify and let me know if it will require any special configuration?

Yes, to see docs for archiving support do  ':h vimorg-refile-heading' to see help section regarding refiling and archiving.

It should work okay, but it's not functionality I've used much.  Also, not currently doing active development of VimOrganizer, since I think for heavy Org users Emacs with EVIL is better solution.

Let me know if you have any other questions, though, and I'll try to help.

Regards,

Herb