The tag name is different from the searched tag in agenda mode

18 görüntüleme
İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

rakesh uv

okunmadı,
19 Mar 2012 06:30:2619.03.2012
alıcı VimOrganizer
Hello herbs,
you are doing great work, i was playing around
with the command ,agm, it works fine except a small problem that the
tag being searched and the search result are correct , but the tag
name in the result is differnt

for example, if you are searching for jobs with tags "personal", you
get the correct results, but the result is prep ended with different
tag

if its working for you, i suppose have done something wrong in my
configuration, i try to attach the print screen but failed to do so

Headlines matching search spec: someday

0000050 official ** TODO write a blog on Makefile
00000052 official ** TODO write a blog on Class
00000054 official ** TODO write a blog on C
00000056 official ** TODO write a blog on Linux
00000058 official ** TODO write a blog on debugging
00000136 official ** Buy a racer bike

the search tag is "someday", and the result contain the tag
"official", but the result is totally correct:-).
I am really using this feature and i am liking it .thanks in advance
for the help

Rakesh uv

Herbert Sitz

okunmadı,
19 Mar 2012 10:47:4319.03.2012
alıcı vimorg...@googlegroups.com

Rakesh -- You haven't done anything wrong, but if I understand you
correctly then it is working as expected.

The 'official' that you see in above example is not a 'tag'. It is
the 'category' of the heading. Categories are similar to but
different from tags. The default 'category' of a heading is equal to
its filename, and serves to indicate what file the heading is from,
since the g:agenda_files list can contain more than one file and a tag
search may find headings in more than one file.

You can read more about Categories and Tags in Org's manual, starting here:
http://orgmode.org/manual/Categories.html#Categories

Does that sound right, or am I misunderstanding your issue? (One
thing I need to do is have option agenda results to show the heading's
tags at right margin of window.)

-- Herb

rakesh uv

okunmadı,
26 Mar 2012 04:41:2726.03.2012
alıcı VimOrganizer

Yes you are right :-)..., my filename and the tag name were same.
thanks.

On Mar 19, 7:47 pm, Herbert Sitz <hes...@gmail.com> wrote:

Herbert Sitz

okunmadı,
26 Mar 2012 11:36:3526.03.2012
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 1:41 AM, rakesh uv <uvra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes you are right :-)..., my filename and the tag name were same.
> thanks.

Rakesh -- Just so you're aware, that's a big help when you have
multiple files in your agenda files list. You can easily see which
file the heading is from. All of the agenda stuff works with multiple
files. E.g., if you have five different agenda files that have
results in agenda, pressing <enter> on any heading will immediately
position you in corresponding org buffer.

I don't know how many file people have in their g:agenda_files list
with VimOrganizer, but I know some Org users have a hundred or more.

When you start out with Org/VimOrganizer using just a single .org
file (or searching jut a single .org file) at a time may make sense.
If you start to do more, though, breaking things into multiple files
(with descriptive file names) can be a better way to go.

-- Herb

David J Patrick

okunmadı,
26 Mar 2012 14:58:1426.03.2012
On 26 March 2012 11:36, Herbert Sitz <hes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know how many file people have in their g:agenda_files list
> with VimOrganizer, but I know some Org users have a hundred or more.

I, for one, have one, but want/need to use many more. Here's a little
gap in my understandings that is causing me annoyance; when you say
"their g:agenda_files list" I only conceptually know what that means.
I don't really understand how g:any_thing works, is that a vim
command, or a .vimrc setting, or either?

and in all of the copious org-mode documentation there's a common
theme; it is assumed you know where theses settings go and/ or how to
invoke them.

I've only been using vim for about 6 years or so, so I'm still kind of
just starting to understand it ;-) but you Mr Sitz, are a freakin' vim
wizard, and what you can make with it and watching videos of you
manipulate it, is astounding. You had me hooked as far back as those
most logical vimoutliner keybindings, remember those? and now I have
to say that VimOrganizer has givin me renewed hope that my
text-outline modus operandi is /not/ (entirely) crazy! There's hope
yet for an highly-organised existence!

Just keep in mind that for many if not most linuxers such as myself
may know vim as a complicated but powerful text editor, and have only
heard rumours of vimscript. All I'm really saying is to underestimate
my intelligence for a bit, please, and maybe I can help with some
documentation from a new(er) users perspective.

many thanks,
djp
--
d...@linuxcaffe.ca
OR

Herbert Sitz

okunmadı,
26 Mar 2012 15:14:0026.03.2012
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 11:58 AM, David J Patrick <dava...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26 March 2012 11:36, Herbert Sitz <hes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't know how many file people have in their g:agenda_files list
>> with VimOrganizer, but I know some Org users have a hundred or more.
>
> I, for one, have one, but want/need to use many more. Here's a little
> gap in my understandings that is causing me annoyance; when you say
> "their g:agenda_files list" I only conceptually know what that means.
> I don't really understand how g:any_thing works, is that a vim
> command, or a .vimrc setting, or either?

g:agenda_files is a vimscript variable. The 'g:' prefix means it can
be accessed regardless of what buffer is active, regardless of what
script is running. A variable simply holds a value.

You can do this at command line to get a feel:

:let g:myvariable = 'some text here'
:echo g:myvariable (will print value of your variable)

For docs check out ':h vimorg-agenda-files'

> and in all of the copious org-mode documentation there's a common
> theme; it is assumed you know where theses settings go and/ or how to
> invoke them.

Yes, there is a learning curve. But they are virtually all settable in
the .emacs file, and alternatively in most cases you can use the
org-mode customization ui, which will modify your .emacs file for you
(choose 'Org','Customize' from menu in Emacs). Still a big learning
curve, I know.

> I've only been using vim for about 6 years or so, so I'm still kind of
> just starting to understand it ;-) but you Mr Sitz, are a freakin' vim
> wizard, and what you can make with it and watching videos of you
> manipulate it, is astounding. You had me hooked as far back as those
> most logical vimoutliner keybindings, remember those? and now I have
> to say that VimOrganizer has givin me renewed hope that my
> text-outline modus operandi is /not/ (entirely) crazy! There's hope
> yet for an highly-organised existence!

Thanks David. Not so much a Vim wizard, text editing wise, but I have
dug more into Vimscript than most people do.

For collapse/expand keybindings in VimOrganizer you of course have the
<tab> and <shift-tab> options of Org-mode. In VimOrganizer I've found
that I often prefer using the ,X keys, where ,2 expands to level 2
heads, ,4 to level 4 heads, etc. And double comma (,,X) does same
thing but only for current tree.

> Just keep in mind that for many if not most linuxers such as myself
> may know vim as a complicated but powerful text editor, and have only
> heard rumours of vimscript. All I'm really saying is to underestimate
> my intelligence for a bit, please, and maybe I can help with some
> documentation from a new(er) users perspective.

I understand. It's not an issue of intelligence, just issue of how
much programming knowledge you have and how much Vimscript knowledge
you have. Most vim users are programmers and can follow the little
bit of Vimscript configuration for VimOrganizer, but it's much harder
for others, I know.

Cheers,

Herb

Herbert Sitz

okunmadı,
26 Mar 2012 15:16:2426.03.2012
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Herbert Sitz <hes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For collapse/expand keybindings in VimOrganizer you of course have the
> <tab> and <shift-tab> options of Org-mode.  In VimOrganizer I've found
> that I often prefer using the ,X keys, where ,2 expands to level 2
> heads, ,4 to level 4 heads, etc.  And double comma (,,X) does same
> thing but only for current tree.

Sorry, I probably confused things there by using an X to stand for any
number 1-9. Should have said "I often prefer using the ,<num> keys. .
. . "

David J Patrick

okunmadı,
26 Mar 2012 21:31:2126.03.2012
On 26 March 2012 15:16, Herbert Sitz <hes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I probably confused things there by using an X to stand for any
> number 1-9.  Should have said "I often prefer using the ,<num> keys. .

yes, that would have been clearer, but I did manage to parse it the first time.
I have already glommed onto the keybindings and I think they're "just
right". I remember struggling with the vimoutliner devs, trying to
convince them to adopt your keybindings, but without success. I like
the current vimorg arrangement, and in regular use there's only one
thing I have found missing (or have just not found) it is this;

rapid-fire entry of headers, enter one, and to immediately enter
another I have to hit <esc> then <cr>, is there an existing
combination (like <shift|alt|ctrl>+<cr>) that would make it a bit
smoother to go
heading
heading
heading
?
not a biggie, and we're really talking about a half-a-keystroke..

oh, and I was thinking about quick ways to insert
:PROPERTIES:
project: [CURSOR HERE]
:END PROPERTIES:
but now that I think of it, there's a vim way to do that
is there a place on a dashboard for such boilerplate?

thanks a plenty, it's going to take me a while to process the
onslaught of org and emacsisms, and that's the reason I put it off all
these years. The good news is that I'm actually comfortable at a
command line now, and VimOrganizer is proving a perfect gateway.

merci,

Herbert Sitz

okunmadı,
26 Mar 2012 21:51:5426.03.2012
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 6:31 PM, David J Patrick <dava...@gmail.com> wrote:
> the current vimorg arrangement, and in regular use there's only one
> thing I have found missing (or have just not found) it is this;
>
> rapid-fire entry of headers, enter one, and to immediately enter
> another I have to hit <esc> then <cr>, is there an existing
> combination (like <shift|alt|ctrl>+<cr>) that would make it a bit
> smoother to go
> heading
> heading
> heading
> ?
> not a biggie, and we're really talking about a half-a-keystroke..

See :h vimorg-new-headings

Short answer is that <shift-enter> has double duty. In normal mode it
cycles todo status. In insert mode it will add new heading below and
at same level as current head.

> oh, and I was thinking about quick ways to insert
> :PROPERTIES:
> project: [CURSOR HERE]
> :END PROPERTIES:
> but now that I think of it, there's a vim way to do that
> is there a place on a dashboard for such boilerplate?

There is actually a function that adds the drawer begin and end lines:
:call OrgConfirmDrawer('Properties')

You can add a keybinding to issue that command. Adding that and some
sort of dashboard to simplify editing properties is on my todo list.
(Properties in Org can be defined with list of possible values, like
('low','medium','high'), and dashboard solution will simplify choosing
a value. . .)

> thanks a plenty, it's going to take me a while to process the
> onslaught of org and emacsisms, and that's the reason I put it off all
> these years. The good news is that I'm actually comfortable at a
> command line now, and VimOrganizer is proving a perfect gateway.

Did you get the Emacs exports going?

-- Herb

David J Patrick

okunmadı,
26 Mar 2012 23:35:4326.03.2012
alıcı vimorg...@googlegroups.com
not yet, still working through it.
I'm going to try not ask any more questions until I've digested the
answers to the first set.
I'll make w "whoot" noise when it happens.
Tümünü yanıtla
Yazarı yanıtla
Yönlendir
0 yeni ileti