November meetup - Copy/paste clinic

Drew Neil

Oct 31, 2013, 3:32:06 PM10/31/13
to viml...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

The bad news is that Forward won't be hosting VimLondon from now on. The good news is that we've got a new venue for our next meetup, which will take place on Tuesday, 26th November. The capacity isn't so high at the new venue, so I was thinking of running another hands-on session, since these typically have a lower turnout.

I propose that we do a copy/paste clinic. We'll work through a series of exercises in the style of the vimtutor, which are designed to test your copy/paste skills in Vim. I think this is one area where Vim is particularly confusing, but if you can get the hang of a few techniques then it becomes a lot more usable. I haven't written the exercises yet, but I've been running a series on Vimcasts about copy/paste so I've got some ideas.

The material will be aimed at fairly novice Vim users. If you think you know it all, I'd love you to come along anyway and assist me as a tutor.

How does that sound?

Drew

Matt Jackson

Nov 1, 2013, 9:41:53 AM11/1/13
to viml...@googlegroups.com
I'm up for that

Drew Neil

Nov 7, 2013, 2:10:59 PM11/7/13
to viml...@googlegroups.com
Ok folks, I've listed our next event on Meetup.com: http://www.meetup.com/Vim-London/events/149720562/

Playfair Capital have kindly offered to host our November meetup at Warner Yard. This event is free to attend, but capacity is limited to 25 places on a first-come first-served basis. Tickets will be released at 12pm on Monday, 11th November.

Drew

Drew Neil

Nov 22, 2013, 10:17:36 AM11/22/13
to viml...@googlegroups.com
We’ve released another 5 tickets for next Tuesday’s event, but that’s stretching the venue’s capacity. If you got a spot and can’t make it, please set your RSVP status to ‘no’ so someone on the waitlist can get your spot.

Drew