Talk proposals for the March Meetup

Drew Neil

Feb 27, 2013, 7:19:48 AM2/27/13
to viml...@googlegroups.com
Next Vim London meetup will be on Tuesday, March 26. Save the date!

The February meetup was very Vimscript heavy (make Vim better!), so I suggest that for the March meetup we run some talks focussing on how to use Vim better.

We've had a couple of proposals already. Steve Martin volunteered to do something on using :grep for project-wide search, and navigating the results in the quickfix list. Rob Miller volunteered to do something on Vim sessions. I'm not sure if we can find a unifying theme to tie those talks together, but that doesn't mean that we can't have them on the same night.

There's plenty room for more. Any other volunteers?

If we're running something on the quickfix list there's a topic that I would love to hear about: how to write an errorformat string (http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/quickfix.html#error-file-format). Seems like voodoo and I haven't found any good resources on the topic. The best tip I've found was on this stackoverflow question:

Would anyone like to research it and prepare a talk about that?

Drew Neil

Mar 5, 2013, 12:19:18 PM3/5/13
to viml...@googlegroups.com
It's 3 weeks until the next Vim London. Would anyone like to volunteer to give a talk?

Drew

Drew Neil

Mar 11, 2013, 4:53:51 AM3/11/13
to viml...@googlegroups.com
We've got two confirmed speakers for the March meetup:

* Rob Miller will talk about Vim Sessions
* Chris Patuzzo will talk about Vim's embedded ruby

There's room for another talk if anyone has something they'd like to speak about.

Drew
:x

Drew Neil

Mar 15, 2013, 8:23:23 AM3/15/13
to viml...@googlegroups.com
Ok folks, you can now RSVP for our March event on meetup.com:

Additionally, if you're into lanyrd you can find the event listed there too:
    http://lanyrd.com/2013/vim-london-march-meetup/

I'm looking forward to it!
Drew
:x