welcome email could not be sent

Daniel Kaupp

Feb 4, 2014, 7:45:37 AM2/4/14
to vimbadmi...@googlegroups.com
I tested a lot and i found the following:

"Could not sent welcome email" is thrown when I add someone for the CC that is not covered by my domain.

Scenario: I created a domain newhost.com and there create a maibox us...@newhost.com. In creation I add anoth...@oldhost.com to the CC list of the welcome email.
Then no welcome email is sent.

If i don't add CC or add anoth...@newhost.com (presuming this one exists) to CC, then the welcome email and the CC are delivered correctly.

Log shows nothing, though it is on and high (7).

When i try to send mail to anoth...@oldhost.com from my console via "mail" this works perfectly.

Is this a bug in vimbadmin, or a misconfiguration of postfix, or a mix of both?
Has anyone had that?

Daniel

Barry O'Donovan

Feb 4, 2014, 8:41:16 AM2/4/14

On 04/02/2014 12:45, Daniel Kaupp wrote:
> Is this a bug in vimbadmin, or a misconfiguration of postfix, or a mix
> of both?

Postfix configuration.

Check you /var/log/mail* files.

Most likely you are not allowing the relay of mails from the ViMdAdmin
IP address.

- Barry

Daniel Kaupp

Feb 4, 2014, 11:04:37 AM2/4/14
to vimbadmi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Barry,

thanks, but there's nothing in the logs.
Is ViMbAdmin using "localhost" or "127.0.0.1", or is it not using the local address?

Barry O'Donovan

Feb 5, 2014, 2:12:49 AM2/5/14
to vimbadmi...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

> thanks, but there's nothing in the logs.
> Is ViMbAdmin using "localhost" or "127.0.0.1", or is it not using the
> local address?

As I already indicated in a previous mail:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vimbadmin-discuss/lGYilVajHmE

The default setting needs to be changed from:

resources.mailer.smtphost = "smtp.example.com"

- Barry