CSS, JS and IMG links.

1 view

martin....@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2024, 6:46:13 AMMar 2
to vimbadmin-discuss
I found that the latest code stopped my Vimbadmin installation from working because it required Dovecot to be present. I had been running on a web server, separate from the mail server, with the Vimbadmin database replicated to the mail server. (This is more convenient for backup purposes). Is it necessary for Vimbadmin to have access to Dovecot?

Anyway, because of that problem, I attempted to install Vimbadmin on the mail server, following the installation instructions. Maybe it was done wrong, but I found Vimbadmin creating links for loading js, cs, etc files in the form .../index.php/path/to/some.css. The standard Apache rewrite didn't cope with this.

I didn't understand the reason for generating such links, as the js, cs etc are real files and work fine without the index.php. In the end, just to get a working system, I added to the rewrites:

        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} .*\.(js|css|jpg)$ [NC]
        RewriteRule (.*?)index\.php/*(.*) /$1$2 [R=301,NE,L]

I'm puzzled why this should be necessary, but if it is, could it be included in the installation instructions?