Vim-related jobs, grants, etc

Renato Fabbri

May 2, 2022, 5:36:46 AM5/2/22
to vim_use
This is not only for me (I would love to), but a question for the community in general.
Do we have knowledge of budget (interested companies or individuals, public funding)
for developing Vim plugins?

Explaining a bit...
In the last years, I have many times thought about the possibility of working with Vim:
finding payment for developing plugins or even Vim internals, or writing documentation (making videos?).
I have a made few plugins (for colors, taking periodic notes, having bots input ideas, etc),
which I sometimes use daily, but it would also be nice to work in other people's code
to grasp smart (and even recommended) ways to do things.
I guess this is the case for many Vim users.

On the other side, we as a company (here at Modena/Italy) may look into (public, private, own) funding to develop Vim (internals, plugins, doc).
We would also enjoy developing Vim plugins (internals? docs?) if someone needs or wants them.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Renato Fabbri

Shlomi Fish

May 3, 2022, 12:04:04 PM5/3/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi Renato!

On Mon, 2 May 2022 02:36:46 -0700 (PDT)
Renato Fabbri <renato...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is not only for me (I would love to), but a question for the community
> in general.
> Do we have knowledge of budget (interested companies or individuals, public
> funding)
> for developing Vim plugins?

FWIW my policy for software dev commissions is here:

https://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/philosophy/putting-cards-on-the-table-2019-2020/indiv-nodes/amateur-modelled-commerce.xhtml

( item #3 )

I am open for writing vim plugins as long as i can use vim-python3 or similar.

--

Shlomi Fish https://www.shlomifish.org/
List of Text Editors and IDEs - https://shlom.in/IDEs

"Not totally broken" might be a suitable marketing strategy for Microsoft,
but I'm not convinced it's a level we want to be particularly aiming for.
— Matthew Palmer ( https://is.gd/Eil4Io )