yanking works sometimes, and sometimes not

Igor Lerinc

Aug 24, 2022, 2:03:11 AM8/24/22
to vim_use
- I dont know if this is to terminal emulator i'm using (xcfe4 terminal), but often, when i want to copy to external programs, i have set up shortcut, <Leader>y  to be as "+y  , so it copy external, but when i try to combine it with <motions>, it doesn't detect.
It is copying inside vim, that works, but stagnates for other programs, doesn't copy it.

It works when i do via visual mode, but that is so ineffective, i don't want to use visual mode.

When i do it via visual mode, suddenly, it again responds to combining <Leader>y with <motions>

I have both "+y and "*y  for this shortcut, it works, but, sometimes is unresponsive, i don't know if xcfe4 terminal do some sort of suspending, and that's why it doesn't register itself.

Paul

Sep 4, 2022, 4:14:24 PM9/4/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Maybe having "unnamedplus" in 'clipboard' is useful to you. See :help clipboard-unnamedplus