Plugin works in TUI not GUI

Julius Hamilton

Jun 25, 2021, 7:30:48 PM6/25/21
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I recently installed the plugin txtfmt and used it successfully in Vim TUI mode.

It is activated with the command :set ft=txtfmt. Then, to highlight a region, you enter \h, then it prompts you for a color.

I can confirm the installation in Gvim was successful with the command :MakeTestPage.

For some reason, :set ft=txtfmt has not returned the expected confirmation message, and appears to do nothing.

Could anyone shed light on why this might be?

Thank you very much,
Julius

Romain Lafourcade

Jun 26, 2021, 4:30:11 AM6/26/21
to vim_use
You are making a category error: what you have trouble with is txtfmt, not Vim. Instead of spamming Vim's mailing list, I would suggest you use the txtfmt's dedicated issue tracker.

Ailen Vienne Sebastian

Jun 26, 2021, 5:03:16 AM6/26/21
to vim...@googlegroups.com
@Mr. Julius Hamilton, kindly reply to my previous emails if you received it. Thank you so much. :)

---

Bram Moolenaar

Jun 26, 2021, 6:04:29 AM6/26/21
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Romain Lafourcade

Romain Lafourcade wrote:

> You are making a category error: what you have trouble with is txtfmt, not
> Vim. Instead of spamming Vim's mailing list, I would suggest you use the
> txtfmt's dedicated issue tracker.

Let's be tolerant, we can't expect every plugin to have a place to ask
questions. Sure, if a plugin has it's own way to discuss problems,
please go there. But otherwise the vim-use maillist can be used. And
someone may point to a better place. It's not like vim-use is that
overloaded.

33. You name your children Eudora, Mozilla and Dotcom.

/// \\\
\\\ sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ ///

Romain Lafourcade

Jun 26, 2021, 6:21:38 AM6/26/21
to Bram Moolenaar, vim...@googlegroups.com
Romain Lafourcade wrote:

> You are making a category error: what you have trouble with is txtfmt, not
> Vim. Instead of spamming Vim's mailing list, I would suggest you use the
> txtfmt's dedicated issue tracker.

Let's be tolerant, we can't expect every plugin to have a place to ask
questions.  Sure, if a plugin has it's own way to discuss problems,
please go there.  But otherwise the vim-use maillist can be used.  And
someone may point to a better place.  It's not like vim-use is that
overloaded.

Romain Lafourcade

meine

Jun 26, 2021, 5:06:51 PM6/26/21
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 01:30:29AM +0200, Julius Hamilton wrote:
> I can confirm the installation in Gvim was successful with the command
> :MakeTestPage.
>
> For some reason, :set ft=txtfmt has not returned the expected confirmation
> message, and appears to do nothing.

When there is a difference between Vim in TUI en GVim, mostly that is
because of some setting in your .vimrc file. Finding the setting that
triggers different behavour can be a challenge though...

//meine