Access is denied error when staring gVim on Windows

Igor

Sep 28, 2022, 2:43:38 AM9/28/22
to vim_use
Hi,
I have gVim 9 installed on my Windows 10. Yesterday I have used gVim just normally. I start a program, use it and close it down. Then when I need to edit another text file I start gVim again.

Yesterday when I started program in the middle of the day I got "Access is denied" error.
Then I have opened Administrator cmd and tried to start gVim and got the same error.

I removed gVim and downloaded the latest Vim from https://github.com/vim/vim-win32-installer/releases/latest and gVim was start working again.

Today in the morning I started gVim I could work just normally. I closed it down and restarted it again and I got "Access is dened" error again.

In Windows in Settings I have searched for Virus protection and turned off "Real-time protection" and now I can start gVim again. Then I added my "vim" folder to Exclusions and turned "Real-time protection" back on and gVim starts normally.

Does someone else get this problem? Virus protection detected virus/malware in the program. It is probably false positive, but just in case if program is by any chance infected.

Andrew Bernard

Sep 28, 2022, 2:46:28 AM9/28/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
You have not said what virus program you use.

Andrew

Igor

Sep 28, 2022, 2:53:33 AM9/28/22
to vim_use
Sorry to not be clear enough. I use default Windows 10 embed antivirus (I have written: In Windows in Settings...).

Andrew Bernard

Sep 28, 2022, 2:54:25 AM9/28/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
You mean Windows Defender?

ANdrew

Igor

Sep 28, 2022, 3:02:50 AM9/28/22
to vim_use
Yes, default Windows antivirus program Windows Defender.