Anyone know when Vim Versions 8.0, 8.1 and 7.4 will be End of Life

Michael....@wellsfargo.com

Jan 25, 2021, 11:58:06 AM1/25/21
to v...@vim.org

Hi All-

Does anyone know when Vim Versions  8.0, 8.1 and 7.4 will be End of Life? Thanks in Advance.

Michael Pearson

Application Products Center of Excellence (APCoE)

Enterprise Application Portfolio Management (EAPM) | Wells Fargo Technology

Mobile (515) 339-8592 | MAC F2505-03A

To better manage and track requests related to the products aligned to the Applications Products Competency Center, please access the APCoE PPM Service Center page as a starting point for Product Owner engagement.

Dominique Pellé

Jan 25, 2021, 12:27:09 PM1/25/21
to Vim List
Michael.Pearson2 wrote:

> Hi All-
>
> Does anyone know when Vim Versions 8.0, 8.1 and 7.4 will be End of Life? Thanks in Advance.
>
> Michael Pearson

Vim development does not maintain multiple branches.
Only the tip of the master branch is maintained.

So I don't think it makes much sense to talk about end of life
for those vim versions. If a bug is found, it is only fixed in the
latest Vim.

I can't think of good reasons to continue using such old versions
anyway. They are missing thousands of bug fixes. Best to clone
vim from git, and build it, or download the latest pre-built snapshot
if available for your platform.

Regards
Dominique