news about vim9?

Marc Chantreux

Apr 26, 2022, 12:04:47 PM4/26/22
to vim_use
hello people,

I realized the vim I use for my daily use for months
(maybe years) is the one from brammool/vim9 which is
now archived.

* are there news about this project?
* is there a repo, somewhere, that looks like beta stage
of vim9 (something we could help with feedbacks or/and
plugin rewrite).
* or should I switch back to the vim/vim repo?

regards
marc

Christian Brabandt

Apr 26, 2022, 12:05:39 PM4/26/22
to vim_use
Yes switch back. Vim9 development is ongoing and happens there.

Best,
Christian
--
Milch bleibt wesentlich länger frisch, wenn man sie in der Kuh beläßt.

Marc Chantreux

Apr 26, 2022, 12:09:58 PM4/26/22
to vim_use
On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 06:05:32PM +0200, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> Yes switch back. Vim9 development is ongoing and happens there.

compilation on progress. thanks.

marc

Matthias Erich Popp

Apr 26, 2022, 12:39:09 PM4/26/22
to vim_use

Last Commit ist from 26. Jan. 2020 ???

https://github.com/brammool/vim9/commits/master

Marc Chantreux

Apr 26, 2022, 12:54:53 PM4/26/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 06:34:38PM +0200, Matthias Erich Popp wrote:
> Last Commit ist from 26. Jan. 2020 ???
> https://github.com/brammool/vim9/commits/master[1]

By "here", Christian meant vim/vim, not brammool/vim9.

regards

Yegappan Lakshmanan

Apr 26, 2022, 2:11:43 PM4/26/22
to vim_use
Hi,

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 9:39 AM Matthias Erich Popp <oquo...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Last Commit ist from 26. Jan. 2020 ???

The Vim9 development happens in the main branch
(https://github.com/vim/vim) now.
You can use any of the recent Vim builds. A lot of Vim9 related
changes have been
made in the last two years. Most of the OS distributions (Linux, MacOS) now ship
with a recent version of Vim with the Vim9 support.

- Yegappan

Bram Moolenaar

Apr 26, 2022, 4:38:07 PM4/26/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Marc Chantreux
I guess it's not clear that the repository has been archived.
I updated the README to make clear what the status is.

62. If your doorbell rings, you think that new mail has arrived. And then
you're disappointed that it's only someone at the door.

/// \\\
\\\ sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ ///

Marc Chantreux

Apr 27, 2022, 5:23:00 AM4/27/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
> I guess it's not clear that the repository has been archived.
> I updated the README to make clear what the status is.

I had no way to catch that as i don't use the web interface but the
unclear part is "what happened to the ideas behind vim9" until i read
that it's now a part of vim/vim which is awesome.

Regards
marc