Error make vim on termux terminal

hence jack

Apr 4, 2023, 12:11:16 PM4/4/23
to vim_use
vim-bugs.jpg
According to the error message, I add the explicit declaration for "setpwent" and "getpwent" function at src/misc1.c, and it works,  like this:
vim-fix.png
Environment:
Vim:9.0
clang:16.0.0
cmake:3.26.1
Termux:latest

Has anyone had this problem?🤣

Bram Moolenaar

Apr 4, 2023, 5:05:34 PM4/4/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com, hence jack

> [image: vim-bugs.jpg]
> According to the error message, I add the explicit declaration for "
> *setpwent"* and "*getpwent"* function at src/misc1.c, and it works, like
> this:
> [image: vim-fix.png]
> *Environment:*
> Vim:9.0
> clang:16.0.0
> cmake:3.26.1
> Termux:latest
>
> Has anyone had this problem?𐟤£

Please check the output of configure, especially src/auto/config.log.
Search for "getpwent". Also search for pwd.h.

Can you find HAVE_PWD_H in src/auto/config.h ?

Instead of explicitly declaring the functions, this might work:

#include <pwd.h>

--
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root 24 Oct 29 1929 /bin/ed
-rwxr-xr-t 4 root 131720 Jan 1 1970 /usr/ucb/vi

/// \\\
\\\ sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ ///

Eli the Bearded

Apr 5, 2023, 6:21:19 PM4/5/23
to vim_use
hence jack <hence...@gmail.com> wrote:
> According to the error message, I add the explicit declaration for "
> *setpwent"* and "*getpwent"* function at src/misc1.c, and it works,
> Has anyone had this problem?🤣

Have you tried the build configuration in the Termux packages repo?

https://github.com/termux/termux-packages/tree/master/packages/vim

That may be better than setpwent/getpwent hacks.

Elijah

hence jack

Apr 6, 2023, 2:12:30 AM4/6/23
to vim_use
Many thanks!😁 i don't have any other questions anymore.