Bug in help docs?

Kenny Stauffer

Dec 29, 2020, 3:36:29 AM12/29/20
to vim_use
The help for CTRL-\_CTRL-N says: "When focus is in a terminal window, CTRL-\ CTRL-N goes to Normal mode for only one command, see |t_CTRL-\_CTRL-N|."

The part about "for only one command" doesn't seem to be true. Vim stays in Terminal-Normal mode for multiple normal mode commands (yank, mark) and ex commands (:checktime). The help for t_CTRL-\_CTRL-N does not mention "for only one command." Am I failing to understand what help is trying to tell me? Or is this a bug in the docs?

Thanks,
Kenny

Bram Moolenaar

Dec 29, 2020, 6:47:35 AM12/29/20
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Kenny Stauffer
This is a mistake in the help. If you follow the tag then it just
mentions going to Normal mode.

--
Bumper sticker: Honk if you love peace and quiet.