diffopt+=filler jumpiness

mckel...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2021, 8:14:29 AM3/13/21
to vim_use
Hi,

Thank you all always for awesome vim.

I use vimdiff often.  I set diffopt+=filler to help with alignment.
But often when editing one of the buffers things get weird.
After entering insert mode sometimes the screen scrolls a few lines and also sometimes the cursor often jumps to a different (incorrect) line.  I can add/del some words/lines ok but then upon exiting insert mode going back to normal mode the screen sometimes jumps a few lines again.
Does anyone else see that sort of behavior ?
It doesn't happen on a diff of 2 small, simple files with only few differences.
Could some InsertEnter autocmd to anchor things perhaps help ?
Can we disable the auto diffupdate and I could do that with a mapping after some edits ?

thx for any suggestions,
-m