Reply to my own post didn't register

Enan Ajmain

Sep 28, 2022, 3:31:27 AM9/28/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I posted a new conversation with the title: "termguicolors in Windows
Terminal outputs wrong color." I created it with the web interface of
Google Groups. Then I sent a reply to my own post; this time I did it
with email. But in the web interface I see that my reply wasn't
registered.

I haven't used Google Groups extensively before. The mailing lists I'm a
part of support replying with emails (as does Google Groups according to
their own manuals [1]). (And the emails forwarded to me from this list
are all HTML. But that's not why I'm writing this email. Just wanted to
note.)

I realize this isn't related to vim-use, but I haven't faced this issue
elsewhere, so I hope everyone will consider.

[1]: https://support.google.com/groups/answer/1046523?hl=en

--

Enan

Christian Brabandt

Sep 28, 2022, 3:37:18 AM9/28/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com

On Mi, 28 Sep 2022, Enan Ajmain wrote:

> I posted a new conversation with the title: "termguicolors in Windows
> Terminal outputs wrong color." I created it with the web interface of
> Google Groups. Then I sent a reply to my own post; this time I did it
> with email. But in the web interface I see that my reply wasn't
> registered.

Because the first mail needs to be manually approved. I just did that
now.

Best,
Christian
--
Um einen dauerhaften Frieden zu erreichen, muß man falsche
Entwicklungen rechtzeitig anhalten, ohne von einer Kriegs-Hysterie

Enan Ajmain

Dec 10, 2022, 5:17:34 AM12/10/22
to Christian Brabandt, vim...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 09:37:10 +0200
Christian Brabandt <cbl...@256bit.org> wrote:
> On Mi, 28 Sep 2022, Enan Ajmain wrote:
>
> > I posted a new conversation with the title: "termguicolors in Windows
> > Terminal outputs wrong color." I created it with the web interface of
> > Google Groups. Then I sent a reply to my own post; this time I did it
> > with email. But in the web interface I see that my reply wasn't
> > registered.
>
> Because the first mail needs to be manually approved. I just did that
> now.

Slightly different question. Is there any delay between when I send an
email and when it's registered by the web interface / sent to the
subscribers? In vim-dev list, my replies are registering after a couple
of hours.

I don't mind the delay. I just want to make sure it's intended and not
something I'm messing up.

--
Enan
3nan....@gmail.com

Enan Ajmain

Dec 10, 2022, 5:20:11 AM12/10/22
to Christian Brabandt, vim...@googlegroups.com
P.S. There is no delay in vim-use list.

Tony Mechelynck

Dec 10, 2022, 8:11:44 AM12/10/22
to 3nan....@gmail.com, Christian Brabandt, vim...@googlegroups.com
The first mail of any user to each list has to be manually approved.
This manual approval may take hours or even a day depending on which
moderator is online when. Normally the moderator clicks "Allow this
message and all future messages from the same author" and then future
messages by the same author to the same list will appear in a matter
of (normally) seconds. In case of doubt the moderator may also just
approve the current message, and then future messages by the same
author are still subject to approval (this is extremely rare, unless
the moderator clicks the wrong button by mistake); but another
possibility is that a message which the Google interface thinks "looks
spammy", even by a whitelisted author, will have to be specially
approved by a moderator. In most cases the latter are false alarms.

Best regards,
Tony.

Christian Brabandt

Dec 12, 2022, 4:52:19 AM12/12/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com

On Sa, 10 Dez 2022, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> The first mail of any user to each list has to be manually approved.
> This manual approval may take hours or even a day depending on which
> moderator is online when. Normally the moderator clicks "Allow this
> message and all future messages from the same author" and then future
> messages by the same author to the same list will appear in a matter
> of (normally) seconds. In case of doubt the moderator may also just
> approve the current message, and then future messages by the same
> author are still subject to approval (this is extremely rare, unless
> the moderator clicks the wrong button by mistake); but another
> possibility is that a message which the Google interface thinks "looks
> spammy", even by a whitelisted author, will have to be specially
> approved by a moderator. In most cases the latter are false alarms.

When I am not on a PC (meaning, not logged in to the Google Web
Interface), I usually just approve the mail via mail. But that does
unfortunately does not white-list the sender, so further mails from him
need to be approved and may cause additional delay.

Best,
Christian
--
Das Verhängnis unserer Kultur ist, daß sie sich materiell viel
stärker entwickelt hat als geistig.