Unable to navigate into ~/library directory

Eric Weir

Feb 8, 2024, 12:49:32 PMFeb 8
to vim_mac
When I attempt to navigate into any folders in my ~/library folder with NERDTree in MacVim I am unable to do so. If I start Vim in Terminal I have no problem.

Help appreciated.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA

"What does it mean...that the world is so beautiful?"

- Mary Oliver

Bailey

Feb 8, 2024, 5:14:54 PMFeb 8
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Did you format as a caps-sensitive filesystem? Its ~/Library if so. You also may need to give Vim permission to those directories.

---

Dan Lowe

Feb 8, 2024, 10:09:25 PMFeb 8
to vim...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, Feb 8, 2024, at 12:49 PM, Eric Weir wrote:
When I attempt to navigate into any folders in my ~/library folder with NERDTree in MacVim I am unable to do so. If I start Vim in Terminal I have no problem.

You need to give MacVim access to the full disk. Where to do this depends on your OS version. On macOS 14 Sonoma, you can find it here:

Settings
--> Privacy & Security
--> Full Disk Access
--> Turn on the switch next to MacVim

In other OS versions it may be in a different place in the Settings or Systems Preferences app; but you want to look for something like "Full Disk Access" and then add MacVim to that list.

Dan

Paul Franz

Feb 8, 2024, 10:09:25 PMFeb 8
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Did you MacVim to the “Full Disk Access” list in the System Settings/Preferences?

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 8, 2024, at 12:49 PM, Eric Weir <eew...@comcast.net> wrote:

Message has been deleted

Eric Weir

Feb 23, 2024, 11:09:39 AMFeb 23
to vim_mac
dunno bailey. at others' suggestion I found that mac vim didn't have full disk access. granting it access saved the problem.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted