Vim-Plug’s PlugInstall

Eric Weir

May 11, 2022, 2:52:37 PM5/11/22
to vim_mac

Attempting to get Vim-Plug set up in my MacVim installation. I’ve got the script in ~/vim/autoload and the call to it and my plugins list in my .vimrc. However when I issue PlugInstall the process aborts with this error message:

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

Help appreciated. I am a minimally proficient vim user, a writer not coder.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA

"It has all been combustion.”

- W.G.  Sebald

Lifepillar

May 13, 2022, 6:18:45 AM5/13/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On 2022-05-11, Eric Weir <eew...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Attempting to get Vim-Plug set up in my MacVim installation. I’ve got
> the script in ~/vim/autoload and the call to it and my plugins list in
> my .vimrc. However when I issue PlugInstall the process aborts with
> this error message:
>
> xcrun: error: invalid active developer path
> (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at:
> /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

I am not a vim-plug user, but I think it needs Xcode Command Line Tools.
Search for "how to install Xcode Command Line Tools" with your favourite
search engine.

That said, this mailing list is specifically for MacVim-related topics,
and you may get better feedback about plugin issues by asking for help
at their respective sites. For vim-plug:

https://github.com/junegunn/vim-plug/issues.

Hope this helps,
Life.