Unable to enter directories in ~/library

Eric Weir

Feb 22, 2024, 11:00:46 AMFeb 22
to vim_mac

I’m a non-coding, non-developer coming back to vim primarily as a writer after several years away. Once had a comfortable configuration developed with a lot of help from people here and at at vim_use.

I would like to create and edit files in directories in ~/library/mobile documents. I get a listing of directories in ~/library but am unable to enter any of them. Wondering if I’d even be able to open files if I could. When I run vim in terminal I do not have this problem.

I'm not competent to diagnose this problem and fix it. I sought help with it on the vim subreddit. Users there in a similar Mac environment reported they don't have the problem.

Desperately seeking help. Any that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@comcast.net

“Look deep into nature, you will understand everything better.”

- Albert Einstein

Jeff Holt

Feb 22, 2024, 11:13:02 AMFeb 22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
You probably have to grant access to the mascon app the same things you’ve granted to Terminal.

---
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted