Preparing for the 9.0 release

Bram Moolenaar

Jun 3, 2022, 1:00:48 PM6/3/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com

Considering that in the past couple of weeks there have been no changes
in the new Vim 9 features and script syntax, I think it's time to get
ready for the release.

That means I will avoid including new features and anything that might
cause problems. Except a couple of changes that can be considered bug
fixes.

Updating documentation and adding more tests will be the main activity.
Some runtime files and translations still need to be improved.

If you have been sitting on some syntax plugin changes, now is a good
time to send them!

I estimate the release can be in a couple of weeks, a bit later if there
are some last minute changes.

--
ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!
DENNIS: Oh, what a give away. Did you hear that, did you hear that, eh?

/// \\\
\\\ sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ ///