Syntastic and SCSS file error with Foundation 6.3.x

Raymond Burket

Mar 24, 2017, 10:57:41 AM3/24/17
to vim-syntastic
Seeing this error when saving an SCSS file in my Foundation project:

|| File to import not found or unreadable: util/util. Load paths: /Users/raymond/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p125/gems/compass-core-1.0.3/stylesheets Compass::SpriteImporter on line 44 of wtdev/sas/sas/sasfdn/scss/_settings.scss from line 4 of wtdev/sas/sas/sasfdn/scss/app.scss Use --trace for backtrace.

Foundation is watching and compiling with no errors. As an experiment, I renamed the util directory and then Foundation did show an error. I believe it is something to do with the Syntastic checker (perhaps a path variable somewhere), but I'm unsure as to how to address it.

LCD 47

Mar 24, 2017, 11:13:18 AM3/24/17
to vim-syntastic
Syntastic doesn't know, nor particularly cares, about the contents
of your files. What syntastic does is run third-party linters against
your files, parses the results, and shows them in a window. You
can see how syntastic runs linters by enabling debugging (see ":h
syntastic-debug"). You can change hos syntastic runs linters by setting
the various "*_args" options (cf. ":h syntastic-config-makeprg"). If
you still can't reproduce in a terminal what syntastic gets when it runs
the linters from Vim you probably need to look at the difference in
configuration between your shell and Vim's shell. Sadly, none of this
is as easy as it should be though. _shrug_

/lcd