Verilog syntax checker

Vinoth Kumar Deivasigamani

Dec 12, 2013, 6:43:36 PM12/12/13
to vim-sy...@googlegroups.com
I noticed here that Verilog syntax checker support has been added in syntastic. Could someone please give me instructions to install verilog/verilator syntax checker? I searched online and couldn't find anything.

Fredrik Andersson

Dec 13, 2013, 1:13:55 AM12/13/13
to vim-sy...@googlegroups.com
From looking at the source (syntax_checkers/verilog/verilator.vim) just having verilator installed should make Syntastics work.

On ubuntu it's available from the verilator package.

So try installing that package for your os/distribution and see if Syntastics picks it up.

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 12:43 AM, Vinoth Kumar Deivasigamani <dvinot...@gmail.com> wrote:
I noticed here that Verilog syntax checker support has been added in syntastic. Could someone please give me instructions to install verilog/verilator syntax checker? I searched online and couldn't find anything.

kartik chhapia

Feb 17, 2014, 11:19:56 AM2/17/14
to vim-sy...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am not able to get verilog or system verilog syntax checker to work. I installed the verilator package from Ubuntu Software centre. When i open a system verilog (.sv) or a verilog (.v) file in vim, ":SyntasticsInfo" is blank for filetype or checkers. Any suggestions ?

Arun D'souza

Apr 9, 2015, 7:15:17 PM4/9/15
to vim-sy...@googlegroups.com
Detection is based on the detected filetype (:set filetype).

Based on what it detects, you need to create a duplicate checker as shown:

Hope this helps.

LCD 47

Apr 10, 2015, 2:25:43 AM4/10/15
to vim-sy...@googlegroups.com
On 9 April 2015, Arun D'souza <sunnyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Detection is based on the detected filetype (:set filetype).
>
> Based on what it detects, you need to create a duplicate checker as
> shown:
> https://github.com/scrooloose/syntastic/wiki/Syntax-Checker-Guide#duplicates
>
> Hope this helps.

Actually, using syntastic_filetype_map seems more appropriate, and
it doesn't involve changing the sources.

/lcd